Celestial Twinges & Quirky Lacerations | Teen Ink

Celestial Twinges & Quirky Lacerations

On the bright side: Diana had acquired a very quaint persona who enjoyed dancing late at night and wearing her hair down in long curls. On the bright side, Diana was getting invited to dance late at night with her hair down. On the bright side, Diana sparkled when she walked down hallways and she was pretty sure she glowed under direct sunlight. On the bright side, people stared at Diana when she walked down hallways.

Then again, all this was only achieved by a heart dose of caffeine. Without it, Diana was lost in an abyss of socially awkward tendencies and hair that didn’t quite flow the way she wanted it too. She liked to pretend that this was the case with all her peers.

The social strata loomed over their heads like an alien spacecraft. It was temptation epitomized. Lustrous voices called down to her: ‘visit us tonight. Visit us tonight. You’ll be glad you did.’

It was daunting, yet enticing. So Diana joined those celestial beings and now she existed in a very different world.

She radiated a certain je ne sais quoi and sometimes she would send down little sparks that would twinge the shoulders of her past peers and those with unrequited loves, leaving small marks. Marks just small enough to get them to look upward at her, but not quite harsh enough for them to shed any tears.

Those quirky lacerations of popularity never ceased to amaze her.