The E.T. Phone Call | Teen Ink

The E.T. Phone Call

April 30, 2013
By hmaefox BRONZE, Hahnville, Louisiana
hmaefox BRONZE, Hahnville, Louisiana
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I was walking out of a remote restaurant on a cold, rainy night after a few hours of studying. Being on the outskirts of town, there was hardly a single person or car around for blocks. I stood under my umbrella waiting for my mom to pick me up. Suddenly I heard a sci-fi sounding melody nearby. I looked around the empty streets and did not see anyone. I followed the strange noise across the street and found myself next to a phone booth. It seemed as though the music was the phone’s ringtone. I stepped into the dimly lit booth and slowly reached for the phone. “Hello,” I said. At first there was no response, but then I heard a squeaky sounding voice that replied, “Hello, we are from far away and we are in need of your assistance.” I was about to hang up when the voice spoke again, “do not be afraid, we come in peace and need your help.” Suddenly curious as to what this strange voice needed help with I replied, “I will help you.” I glanced down the street to see if my mom was coming. When I did not see her car, I decided I had a few minutes to help this strange voice. The voice spoke again saying, “Do you see that dark alley across the street?” I glanced across the street into the foggy dark alley and decided to inspect the situation.

Soon, I found myself at the entrance of the dark alley. I had to focus hard on my surroundings because of the darkness and fog. I walked slowly down the long alley, stepping over puddles and debris. After walking for a couple of minutes, I saw two short figures standing in front of a large object. As I approached, I realized the figures were not human, but in fact aliens. They were green skinned and had big black eyes. One was taller than the other but they were both no taller than three feet. “Hello,” I said, “Were you the ones on the phone.” “Indeed we are,” replied the shorter one. “We come in peace; I am Weezy and this is my friend Ferbie. We have crash landed our spacecraft here in your strange world.” After looking at the strange object behind them which looked similar to a bicycle, I replied, “How can I help?” “We need you to find the missing parts of our spacecraft so we may return to our home planet,” said Weezy. I agreed to help them and went off on search of the items.

In order to repair the spaceship, the aliens told me to retrieve a paperclip, hairdryer, doorknob, and a light bulb to fix their spaceship. After I retrieved the items, I returned to Weezy and Ferbie to help repair the spaceship in the dark alley. After it was fixed, they gave me a ride into space where I met other aliens. They dropped me off back in the alley and once again I heard the sci-fi ringtone of the phone booth. I woke up and realized it was the alarm on my phone and my time with the aliens was merely a dream.