The Journey Through Hell | Teen Ink

The Journey Through Hell

May 28, 2013
By Sportlamar12 BRONZE, Roslyn, New York
Sportlamar12 BRONZE, Roslyn, New York
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

My journey through hell began as I walked through a dense forest covered with fugitives who somehow managed to escape the first circle of hell. However, there was a gate that impeded me from entering that first circle. I waited and waited until I thought of an idea about how to open this gate. After hours of thinking, I grew very ravenous. There were many berries in this forest but I think they were all poisonous so I didn’t want to risk dying before even reaching hell. I became despondent when I had no food and couldn’t open the gate. I thought I would be done for. Before I reached the final moments of my life, the mighty Hercules appeared right before me and healed me of my troubles. He wanted to travel to hell to challenge Hades, god of the Underworld. He told me Hades had been doing many malicious things by taking many innocent lives in the real world. He didn’t know how Hades was able to ascend from hell because he thought he would be trapped down there forever. He consoled me and then broke the seal on the gate. We then descended to the first circle of hell together. I was afraid that there was no end to this abyss since it took us a while until we reached the ground. I took a good look around and saw many creatures walking around. They looked pretty innocuous with their tiny claws, so I didn’t worry about them harming me at all. They all looked very puzzled when they saw me, many other creatures came around them and a tumult occurred. All of them started running towards me and I became very frightened until Hercules came and killed a couple of them until they all ran away. Hercules’ consummate fighting style was very different from any other fighter I’ve ever seen. One of the creatures were sitting in the corner looking very melancholy and that was when I realized Hercules killed that small creature’s father. We kept on venturing through the many circles of the Underworld until we heard an utterance. It was Hades and he said, “Turn back now or you will not make it out of here alive. If not you will end up like those people who have suffered at my hands.” I looked around and what I saw was something I could not believe. Hades was tormenting innocent souls by stretching them and using a guillotine to cut off their heads. Hercules couldn’t stand looking at innocent people being tortured so he sprinted to the next circle to assail Hades and end everything once and for all. He left me by myself and I continued my journey through the Underworld.