Childhood Memories | Teen Ink

Childhood Memories

By Brooke Peterson BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho
Brooke Peterson BRONZE, Meridian, Idaho

Just about to fall asleep I panicked. The dolls. They were in my room, I suddenly didn’t know what to do. I yelled for my mom, hoping she would come upstairs. She did and came up to tell me I need to grow up and get over my fears. She didn’t understand, I had nightmares about them all the time.

Those dreams terrified me, mostly the ones about the big dolls. The dream started with me just chilling in my room, but then the door locked, with me trapped inside. It got worst, and dark. The doll was VERY angry at me, only because I took my sister to show and tell but not her. It was stupid, I had never been so scared in my life, but then again I was only in the 1st grade. Her hair was always a mess, and her outfit made her look like some sweet, little, innocent girl, until she comes and gets you in your sleep. She was an evil doll, worst of them all. In this dream she got super angry and her eyes looked like laser beams. I was trapped in bed and she came to get me, not only that but I still could barely see anything.

So don’t say I didn’t warn you, she will creep out of her crib and into your brain. To this day I have the doll, and to this day I still won’t let it be in the same room as me.

In english class I was asked to write about something I remeber about childhood. This memory I wrote about wasnt the best, it is something most children love, but I dont.