The Adventures of Jon | Teen Ink

The Adventures of Jon

By JakeMcKie BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado
JakeMcKie BRONZE, Mancos, Colorado

Jon was a bear, a big fat grizzly, with lots of fur. Not normal but purple fur. But Jon was not normal, to be exact, he was crazy. Jon thought he was a human.

Now most people are scared of bears, so at first people were scared of Jon. But Jon made many, human friends. Jon’s best friend was Dr. Kim. Jon loved Dr. Kim and was never away from her for very long, until one day.

It was the day before Dr. Kim’s birthday and Jon had went to the supermarket to get 42 candles and a cake for her. He bought many different colored candles but when he went to pick out the cake he had a hard time deciding. There were chocolate, strawberry, ice cream, pizza, and vanilla flavored cakes. What cake was Jon supposed to get? So Jon looked in his wallet and saw that he had enough to buy all of the cakes, so he picked up the cakes and walked towards the checkout. He was trying to be friendly and say “How are you doing miss?” but Jon is a bear and cannot talk. The clerk was terrified and ducked under a nearby shopping cart.

“Do you mean I can have these cakes for free?” Jon asked.

The clerk got out from under the shopping cart and ran for her life.

“Okay thank you for being so kind,” yelled Jon “It is my friend’s birthday tomorrow.”

As Jon was walking back to his den he thought he saw Dr. Kim, so he jumped into a dumpster to hide. Jon sat in the dumpster, hiding so Dr. Kim didn’t see the cakes. He heard a loud truck backing up. Oh no! It was the Garbage Master! Jon screamed as he got dumped into the back of the hefty truck. The truck put the dumpster down and drove away.

Jon was frightened. He was in the back of a dark, stinky truck heading miles from town. Jon banged and banged but the doors to the truck never opened. Finally after hours of banging the truck doors opened up and dumped in a load of trash. Jon quickly jumped out and ran away from the truck.

Jon looked around. He was at some sort of ocean boardwalk. Jon lived nowhere near the ocean. Jon didn’t know what to do, so he walked to a booth that said “Ferris Wheel Tickets Here” and spoke to the man.

“Where am I?”

“Tickets are 5 dollars,” said the man.

“Well this does look fun,” said Jon. So he bought a ticket, hopped on the Ferris wheel and buckled in. Jon had never been on anything like this and was a little scared. Slowly the cart lifted Jon into the air. Slowly Jon’s heart started to sink. The cart reached the top and halted to a stop. Jon started to panic.

“HELP!” Jon shouted.

“This just part of the ride,” said someone down below.

“Well I don’t like the ride!” exclaimed Jon

Finally, the cart started to urge forward. Jon sighed in relief as he began to lower.

“I’m never getting on one of those again!” grumbled Jon as he unbuckled himself and left the cart. Jon had no idea what to do or where to go. He started walking down a quiet road. He walked for a long time until he was in a forest. Jon saw a rocky cliff with a cozy looking cave. Jon slowly entered the cave.

“Hey!” someone shouted.

Jon stepped back and looked around to notice a small black bear.

“Sorry I didn’t know someone lived here.” Said Jon

“Yeah well I live here,” said the stranger. “What’s your name?”

“Jon”

“I’m Susie.” Said the bear

All of a sudden there was a ring. Jon remembered that he had a cell-phone. He pulled out the phone and answered it.

“Jon where are you,” came the voice of Dr. Kim

“GROaanaEAWr,” said Jon

“Well I am coming to pick you up,” then Dr. Kim hung up.

“I have to go,” said Jon. Jon left the cave and walked down to the boardwalk.

Jon saw Dr. Kim’s car approaching.

“Get in Jon” she said.

Jon realized that he had gone through all the trouble just to get Dr. Kim cake for her birthday. But where were the cakes? Jon had forgotten them in the truck. Jon had done all that for nothing. But Jon will always remember the not-so-fun adventure that he had that day.