Running Shoes | Teen Ink

Running Shoes

By ChandaMan GOLD, Grandview, Texas
ChandaMan GOLD, Grandview, Texas

I ran away on a normal day like any other. I had just finished my piano solo, but this time I didn't remove my piano shoes.
I stood at the edge of my protective dome, staring down my pursuers, their faces pressed up against it in anticipation.
I backed up, and the dome collapsed once again as normal. And so began my escape.
I started off running in my endless circle that had been my life on the stage. Then, as I came to the area where the stage dropped off into the empty seats, I jumped off the edge.
I ran up the isle towards the door not looking back. The screams from my pursuers chased me as the sound got closer. Of course they were still chasing me.
I approached the door and busted it down with a nice thick smash of my shoulder. It collapsed beneath me and I was outside the theater that had been my prison.
Outside was strange. The sky was grey and tall sky scrapers stood around creating an endless maze. They were as white as a sheet ghost, and if they had eyes, I'm sure they would have been an endless black cave.
I ran down the streets as the pursuers chased me. The sky scrapers were a challenge though. As I said, they are an endless maze, and I found myself going in circles. Just as if I were back on stage.
I was still in my piano shoes, but now they are my running shoes.
I seemed to run for only seconds, as time flew by along with the wind that grazed my face. Then I was forced to stop.
I stopped running when I came to the edge of a cliff, and I couldn't see the bottom.

This is my sequel to Piano Shoes.