The Summer Sleepers | Teen Ink

The Summer Sleepers

December 30, 2013
By Jed14 BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington
Jed14 BRONZE, Enumclaw, Washington
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

As I rolled in the woods to basketball practice, I suddenly felt at home. I was adopted in my family, but I never thought my birth parents would live here.

Oh! Sorry. I'm Violet. I'm 14 years old. I live in Waterville, Ohio. I was in a car crash when I was three. I was paralyzed from the belly-button down. Everyone else died. I was adopted by a kind woman named Gillian. Sadly, her husband gets drunk every weekend, so my weekly schedule is: Go to school Monday through Friday, get beaten Saturday and Sunday. I learned to get use to it. Luckily, Gillian and her husband are going to get divorced soon. But they're fiercely fighting for custody of me.

Suddenly, I fell and hit my head. Everything went black. . .

When I woke up, I was surrounded by mini people. It looked like they had wings. One woke up and noticed me. I then noticed that I was laying on a bed of flowers.

Flowers?

The fairy-like creature walked up to me. She picked up a few of my flowers and began to make a crown for me. She placed it on my head, and I instantly fell asleep.

When I woke up, the leaves in the tree were brown, red, and orange.

Fall? Already?

But that wasn't the strangest thing. The Fairies were gone. Everything that proved that they were there. . . Gone.

It was like they weren't there. . .



Part 2 coming soon. . .