2078. | Teen Ink

2078.

By floridagirl SILVER, Summerfield, Florida
floridagirl SILVER, Summerfield, Florida

"Make sure your worst enemy doesn't live between your own two ears" -Laird Hamilton

The trees are drab and bister, every once emerald leaf lays softly place on the sharp and depressed ground, as they have for over a decade now, for the life of this dreadful place is gone. Everything is still and burnt, there is no atmosphere, or gravity, or light; nor is there life at all for that matter. The alluring blue skies that were neglected of their beauty no longer exist; and with them the clouds followed. The earth is a dark place now; I suppose it has always been, yet now it is all too apparent. All too real. Where the capacious oceans used to be enjoyed, a fine layer of burnt salt lies, reminding any interloper of the once vast land it used to be. The human race is gone, along with all of the baggage included with their sinful existence, foreshadowing their self-inflicted annihilation. It’s the year 2078. The oceans are nothing. The continents are nothing. Earth is nothing but a burnt orb effortlessly floating in an ocean of stars.

SmallIdeas BRONZE, Boothwyn, Pennsylvania

Do not take life too seriously. You will never get out of it alive.
Elbert Hubbard

This was really good! I liked the imagery, but if you had made separate paragraphs, it would be even better.