A Different Kind Of Love | Teen Ink

A Different Kind Of Love

February 23, 2014
By Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
Mishamigo DIAMOND, Newton, Kansas
54 articles 28 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
We accept the love we think we deserve.


Christopher sighed and stared longingly at the girl by the door. Alex Rainer was beautiful to him. He wanted nothing more than to be with her, but of course she was a popular girl and he was a nobody. Stereotypical love story, right? She wore designer brand socks and he wore t-shirts from garage sales. No offense to Christopher, he’s a great guy. He just didn’t have a lot of money, and that’s fine. Alec was so rich that even her dog’s shampoo had specks of gold in it. You may think you know how this story will go, and I assure you that it is indeed a love story. So if you don’t like love stories, I advise you to stop reading this. Our story takes place in Claude Monet Art School in Stratford, Ontario. That’s in Canada. They have good bacon. Okay, back to the story. Christopher knew that Alex was sort of rude and snobby, but he was like any other high school boy that liked her; he didn’t notice her tricks. She had a stranger charm about her that attracted boys like flies to honey. Alec walked past, her long, sleek, brown hair shining like diamonds. When she showed him her bright white teeth, he smiled back and squealed like a little girl inside. He closed his locker and walked to class with a grin on his face. That night he was thinking of things he could give to Alex for Valentine’s Day. He didn’t have any money to buy her candy or flowers. Chris thought for awhile before he knew what to do. It wasn’t much, but he took a Ritz cracker and put a spray cheese smile on it the next morning. Hopefully she would take it without worrying about the carbs. As a matter of fact, she did take the smiley face cracker...and suddenly decided that Christopher was her new best friend. He wasn’t complaining, he just thought it was odd that she suddenly liked him. Never would he assume that she was an actual monster, but as she was walking away he saw the flecks of red in her golden eyes and a glimmer on her sharpened teeth.