Scribble | Teen Ink

Scribble

Work. Eat. Sleep. Work. Eat. Sleep. Never change. Repeat. Work. Eat. Sleep. Work. Eat. Sleep. E'ery day. Repeat. That's how they wanted it. No unique New York. No difference. All those who attempted to stand out. Say what they thought. Well, all we know is that they don't come back. Being taken into imprisonment men still have the fight inside of them, but being born into imprisonment they have no idea of a different world. We were just the pawns in a chess game. The only difference is that we don't run out. Unlike some tyrannies, I heard that word from an elder before he was taken, our Masters limited how many of us lived. This way they have the power to stop a revolution, which would never happen. Everything we learned was to teach us that we were animals. We lived with oxen and horses. Our beds were hay. Our food was hay. We only understood a few commands given to us by the Masters. Horses were considered our superior so we made way when they came back from work. Whenever an older man or women started getting gray hair they were removed. Being put-down was what the Masters said. The only thing that was ours was our thoughts. They could not take those away. Or could they. Machines fluttered and men talked in muffled voices. A Man sat behind a high desk set at the front of the room. He was in a deep thought. How can you take someone's thoughts? How can you control what they are thinking? So far demoralizing and treating people as animals had convinced some of them that they were animals. But he wanted to control all of them. He had them raised with pigs. He taught them to walk like gorillas. Using reverse natural selection he eliminated the smart ones. All of those people who started to portray being a leader were taken immediately. How to control thoughts, how to control the mind? I am Uggg. If I had known how to spell I would have used 3 G's because you hold out the sound. Normally our names or what we were called came from the first sound some one made at you. I obviously was a disappointment. My ugly looks was the best defence that I had. I was judged by my looks therefore the Master's thought I was dumb. I considered myself a lot smarter than the average ugg. I have no way of knowing, there's no ACT test. Today is the day that is after yesterday and I also know that it is the day before tomorrow. Today I will do the same thing as yesterday and the same thing as tomorrow. I work with the oxen. They pull large loads of stuff that looks totally lame. Or that's what we are told. If anyone takes any they are removed. If you eat that stuff you mutate. They get more limbs and faces. Those people are normally killed by us because they are gross and different.