The old mans imagination | Teen Ink

The old mans imagination

One day a feeble old man in a robe, wearing a cone hat was watching six fair haired boys that had just stumbled out of a forest. A mighty roar followed them; trees were uprooted and tossed miles out of the forest. A moment later the feeble old man saw them as lion cubs, sooner the king of the jungle soared out of the grove with a powerful golden mane. The lion gulped the cubs down after noticing the shriveled human on the hill. The man ran out of fear until he came upon a lake. Five blue haired girls popped out grinning at him. Suddenly their legs melted into one. Their feet flattened then turned to a glossy fin. An enormous splash pounced upon the shore punishing the girls with her slaps. The old man responded by jumping over a hill and rolled, bounced off a rock, than halted by a stick. He looked up at the clouds crying and blowing away from a much bigger cloud. The large cloud yelled at the little one as they rained down in a graceful shimmer and formed in too little boys. The large cloud stormed down in a frightful manner. He shot them with electrifying bolts. The old man stood up grabbed the stick and wobbled back home. There he realized all that he saw was parents punishing their kids. The lion punished the boys for running away from home, the mother punishing her girls for flirting with an older man at a young age, and finally the father punishing his kids for crying and whining. Then he thought to himself, how his sons and daughters would see this.

This is a composition I wrote in-class as an assignment