The Hunted | Teen Ink

The Hunted

A dark room. I lay onto the cold tiled floor that he has thrown me on. His red, ruby eyes are the only thing I can see in the utter darkness of the room. I cry out in pain as he crouches beside me and grabs my arm tightly, he sighs as his sweet breath hypnotizes me. He leans in closer and I am sure I am going to die…

~~~

The road back home is a long and exhausting journey. I have been away from home for many weeks and I am finally coming back. As I walk though the thick greenery of the forest, animals scurry nearby and the chattering of squirrels is heard overhead. I scoff at the small creatures…animals. Being a hunter, the only good thing about animals are that they are something to eat or to wear. I smirk as I continue to walk through the forest. Darkness begins to fall as my limbs become weary. I sit next to a willow tree and my head nods off to sleep.

I am quickly awakened….by a voice…the most enchanting voice I’ve ever heard. It’s lustful tone calls, “come to me” in the depths of the forest trees. I am quickly drawn to the sound and I walk through the underbrush towards the voice. But then it stops and there’s nothing but utter silence. My dull eyes cannot see through the pitch black of night but my body tenses at the presence of another being. In the flash of a second, I feel cool, stiff marble hands gripping the sides of my shoulders. I struggle but the clench only gets tighter. The being holds me close with a steel grasp and leans in, he whispers, “don’t struggle too hard…” I hear him smirk as I begin to panic, my heart flutters as I faint.

….a dark room. I lay onto the cold tiled floor that he has thrown me on. His red, ruby eyes are the only thing I can see in the utter darkness of the room. I cry out in pain as he crouches beside me and grabs my arm tightly, he sighs as his sweet breath hypnotizes me. He leans in closer and I am sure I am going to die. He is no ordinary human being and my heart thumps with terror as the end for me is drawing near. As he leans in closer to my neck, the predator slowly attacks his prey. The hunter has now become the hunted.

Elizamere BRONZE, Roseville, California

"I reject your reality and substitute my own."- Mythbusters

I agree! Cool idea and detailed writing! 

Amy_Actrz said...
Very impressive! Great concept