The Cure | Teen Ink

The Cure

October 9, 2014
By CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York
CatherineAmes BRONZE, Delmar, New York
2 articles 1 photo 5 comments

Favorite Quote:
"She is delightfully chaotic; a beautiful mess. Loving her is a splendid adventure." -S. Maraboli


“I can’t survive like this,” my voice was shaking, I knew I was loosing my mind at a rapid rate that not even Luke could handle. “I can’t control it anymore, it’s destroying me!” I yelled, staring into his black eyes, that were no longer the gorgeous emerald green I loved.
I could tell he was extremely worried about my safety because the next thing I know I was enveloped in his arms. “Shh, Shh, look at me sweetheart, every things going to be fine,” he said calmly, but I could hear the fear in his voice as clear as day.
“I c-can’t look at you, your eyes are black,” I stated rather monotone, that sent him into a full state of panic.
“It’s just a hallucination, a figment of your imagination!” he was so desperate to help me, that my heart broke for him once I started coughing up blood. “Charlotte!” he yelled pulling me tighter in his arms. “Just hang on a little longer okay, Francis is coming to help, okay? Francis is coming.” his voice cutting off slightly at the end. We both knew that I was too far gone for Francis to heal me.
“We knew that this could have happened,” I stated looking down at the ground, “I needed to do this to save everyone, it was my destiny and if me dying like this is part of it, then fine!” Luke looked at me sadly, but he knew I was right. We were taught that a few casualties in a war meant nothing, all that mattered was winning.
“Now, now, we can’t go around saying stuff like that; especially when I have access to a cure,” I new voice broke in.
“Darn,” I mumbled under my breath.


The author's comments:









 







Preferences
















§









1









2









3









4









5









6









7









8









9









0









-









=









Backspace









 









Tab









q









w









e









r









t









y









u









i









o









p









[









]















 











Return











 













 









capslock









a









s









d









f









g









h









j









k









l









;









'









\









 









shift









`









z









x









c









v









b









n









m









,









.









/









shift









 















 











English


















 

















































 


















alt


















alt









 
















 







Preferences