Double Trouble | Teen Ink

Double Trouble

By Emanuela SILVER, New City, New York
Emanuela SILVER, New City, New York

Ah, back home and time to relax. Long weeks are brutal. Is that the television I hear? Well I haven’t been home all day so I decide to check it out, thinking I left it on. As I enter the room I see the television is indeed on. And I’m already sitting there watching it. What’s going on here? I start screaming at the top of my lungs.

“Who are you? How did you get into my house? Don’t kill me! I’m too young to die! Ahhhhhh!”
I pick up the nearest object: a broken umbrella with at least a hundred holes in it. I pointed the umbrella at the thing as my only defense. The thing that looks just like me stands up from the couch and walks over to me with his arms above his head in a surrendering motion.
“Hey, buddy.”
“Answer my questions, you monster.”
“Alright, alright. I am not a monster. I am your clone. Remember last night when you blacked out at that party?”
“Um...no.”
“Well, while you were out, you were abducted by giant, green aliens. They put you in this big machine and instead of just one of you coming out, I came out with you. So now here I am, living your life.”

My clone sat back down on the couch and stretched his legs. It put his arms behind its head and said nonchalantly; ”Isn’t it great? We can get away with so many things.”
“Wait! Hold up. You think you can come in here and join my life. You’re an alien! You act like that’s not a big deal. We will look like crazy people!”
I started pacing around the room in fast circles. I repeated the words “Oh my gosh” non-stop until the words lost their meaning.
My clone stood up and looked straight at me.
“Dude, don’t worry. I'm just your twin. I’ve been living with our dad the past 16 years.”
“Wait, What?”

jimi211 said...
jimi211, Las Vegas, Nevada
Hey Emanuela, funny story. Was it meant to be suspenseful? If so you should use heavier vocabulary so it doesn't get taken so lightly. The story was funny though. Good job!