Jim's Dream | Teen Ink

Jim's Dream

November 5, 2014
By crumar BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
crumar BRONZE, Lewisville, Texas
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

Jim thought it would be a normal night when he was working as a security guard watching the gate and road to the facility. Suddenly a pair of headlights were coming down the road.


Jim sat tense as he waited for vehicle to approach the lonely guard booth. As he watched the vehicle approach, he let out a sigh of boredom as it was only the Janitor here to clean up the building before it opens. He buzzed the Janitor in, sat back down in his seat and went back to being utterly bored.  "At least it pays well." Jim says to himself, relaxing.


A few minutes later, a booming, alarm-like sound startled him onto his feet, he ran outside to check what was going on, but everything seemed normal to him. He ran in to the guard booth to radio for someone, but his radio wasnt working! Jim didn't have any clue what was going on,  and ran back outside and couldnt believe his eyes.
The whole facility was gone without a trace. Once was a large facility in a spacious grassy lowland surrounded by fences, now gone. Only the fences along with an isolated guard booth and a road that goes to nowhere remain.
Suddenly, everything went to black. With a small jolt, Jim woke up in bed, questioning the dream he just had. He thought about it for a while, and lied back down.