Raven Ivy: The Story of Snow Whites Step Mother | Teen Ink

Raven Ivy: The Story of Snow Whites Step Mother

November 1, 2014
By JadeW GOLD, Hillsborough, North Carolina
JadeW GOLD, Hillsborough, North Carolina
10 articles 0 photos 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
“There is the great lesson of 'Beauty and the Beast,' that a thing must be loved before it is lovable.”
― G.K. Chesterton


I can recall that day quite remarkably. It was the day I was granted the almighty.  For it was of course the best day of my years. A poor beautiful girl being called to be the beloved of the King. I was just a fair virgin maiden living in the village and then word came out that the Queen had taken ill in the bearing of her fair and only child.  The King took no time to seek a wife, For the fallen wife had not even met her demise yet.  Women from the village gathered near and far to try to bethorth the king. For I, I knew I didn't even have to try. I was the most beautiful in all the lands. It not came as any of a shock when the guards knocked on the door asking for me. So I Raven Ivy became a queen as my beauty enchanted the king more than his fallen wifes beauty ever did.

I became enthralled in the life of being a queen my beauty radiated the entire kingdom. On one faire day I was given a gift a mirror, And old maiden graced me with it. She says anything I was to ask it for I would be graced with the answer so I took it to myself everyday to speak the words
“Looking glass, oh my looking glass upon the wall
Who in the land is the fairest of them all”
“Thou, O queen, art fairest of them all”

It would always speak. Until that one day the child that the sickly lady had left behind, had began to ruin my life. She was faire and even at the mere age of seven she had this disgusting ebony black hair, with a deep red and flowing hint in her blood, disgusting, all disgusting that girl. The feet that grazed the castle no longer wished and longed to see me and my beauty but that girl, she pained me. She needed to be rid of that girl. Although I dealt with the pain for the longest of times for the mirror always told the truth that I was the most beautiful until that dreaded it day the mirror told Snow White that disgusting like tramp of a girl at seven years she was the one who beat me at beauty the little disgusting  horrible of a girl how dare she. She had enchanted her father perhaps I wondered if he loved her more than me, how dare she even think such a thing I ordered her death.

I asked the best huntsmen I told him, I needed her dead and to bring back her heart as a proof, and before I knew it the deed was done and I was enjoying the feast of the child's heart. How amazing and wonderful it all was the taste of innocence blood, I will forever remain the most beautiful.
Until I had asked the mirror and that thing the response it had given me wanted me to throw the horrid thing shatter it to its death, but yet Snow was still alive living with some seven men, just like of her. So I had to handle this I ordered to take that horrid lying  huntsmen to be beheaded and I for I will take these matters into my own hand.  I gathered my thoughts and devised a plan for this time I shall make sure she is dead. Her own heart in my hand. The foolish girl so young, so stupid, so easy to kill.

For I raided my wardrobe and found something a old poor peddler woman might be clothed in, and I make my trek to the household of the men. Knocking on the door

“Pretty things, such cheap pretty things to sell, cheap so cheap”
The girl looked out the window “Good morning Madame fore what are you selling”
“Laces my lovely, Laces of all colors, colors to paint the sky” I reply to her.
“Well please Madame enter show me what you have to sell”
The foolish, foolish girl, I think as my feet enter the house.
“Oh dear child, oh child, what a disaster you look, do you not have a mother, a um beautiful girl as you should not dare look like this, here let me lace your dress properly.
I took my hands and began to tie, fast of lace, so tight the girl can hardly breath, she falls turning a deep ocean blue, dead, oh joyful day for I am the most beautiful in all these faire lands she is dead. Haha dead. Such a amazing day.


But as I made my way home to the castle steps I made my way to the mirror knowing the wonderful news that shall await me, but I was outraged with the result the answer I received was that the girl was still alive. No not even possible in my eyes, how this girl. She was cold dead on the floor, oh how ugly she looked.  I knew the mirror would not lie, so I yet again made my track fore this time to make sure of the death of this girl.

I made my way to a quite lonely abandoned room in the kingdom a room full of poisons, and took a apple, the dear girls most favorite, and poisoned a half of it. For she shall end up dead this time.
I again make my way to the house of the seven miner men, and greet the girl.
“Dear girl shall you wish for the last of my apple harvest”
“I dare not let anyone in, madame, for my step mother is after me for my demise”
“What are you afraid of my dear, for I am only a poor mountain woman just like you, for it is just a apple last of my harvest, offering for free.”
“No mam I mustn't”
“What are you afraid of poison?”
“I just shall not”
“Look my dear for I will eat one half first, and you shall have the next and you will see I am doing this out of kind heart and nothing of evil decent”
“Oh well I guess, madame if it shall make you happy”
“Thank you my dear”
I say as I placed the non deadly apple and eat the sweetness”
As Snow falls dead as she consumes the poison a wicked smile crosses my face. For she is dead, no such poison left in the apple. My goal is set, my dream of being the fairest accomplished.  

The most wonderful thing of it all was when I approached the castle and made track to the mirror, I knew oh for I knew that, the hideous girl was dead, oh a goner, and I for I was the most beautiful in all the estate of the kingdom, and maybe even the universe that lies among us.  The girl was gone, and for I was overjoyed by that for I even threw a ball for the demise of her.

But yet days later I asked the mirror the question, hoping priding on hearing the response for I was the most lovely and elegant woman in all the land yet that mirror thought otherwise for the girl that disgusting little girl was somehow still alive. I shattered the mirror.   Rage and fear ringed in my ears, and I was left for a punishment to what I did to Snow, I was left to die in all the ways she herself had almost died.  Although I can make one statement I was much prettier as a dead girl, than Snow ever was. 


The author's comments:

This is the story of Snow Whites Evil Stepmother, based off the Grimm's tale "Little Snow White"