Black Stamp | Teen Ink

Black Stamp

By N.D.Ink GOLD, Dallas, Texas
N.D.Ink GOLD, Dallas, Texas

American decided to ban tattoos and close the borders off and deny access from Latin America as a strange super natural thing was rising and tattoos became popular amongst people. They thought they were innocent plain tattoo but when people started noticed how the tattoos would glow and started things like flying objects a random and fire, explosions, sometimes change in weather.

Sometimes the tattoos would be scriptures of an unknown language it was certainly not Spanish. It started when a girl decided to get her first tattoo, her friends recommended a new tattoo place that was far out because the one's in town were sloppy, had poor professionals, etc. They didn't know this man's name expect knowing he was rather old and tattooed skeleton hand on his own. They called him Diablo because his marks made him look evil.

His eyes look tired, his ears pierced around the lobe, and a hook nose ring. Chava felt nervous walking into the man's house that smelled of ink and burn, he had sugar skulls lined up on top of a shelf.

He said "where?"

"My neck" she replied nervously.

"Sit. Relax"

His eyes look tired, his ears pierced around the lobe, and a hook nose ring. Chava felt nervous walking into the man's house that smelled of ink and burn, he had sugar skulls lined up on top of a shelf. He said "where?" "My neck" she replied nervously. "Sit. Relax"

Despite his look he spoke rather softly. He pulled a set of jars of colorful ink, blue, purple, and so one but there was a large jar of red ink that had an order to it.

"Where on your neck?" he asked.

"What's that red ink?" she wasn't paying attention and was fixated on it, it made her feel strange.

"Where?!" He said a bit louder. "Um... the back of my neck"

He bent her head forward, took his needle which was not a regular tattoo machine but a thin stick. He stirred the stick into the red paint first and then the purple. When he began poking her in the neck, it felt like he was hitting a nerve and she jolted her head back. He forced her to bend it again and continued

It felt like the ink was dripping down her back and staining her clothes. The red ink mixed with the purple ink, she couldn't see nor feel what he was making on her neck. She was worried he was going to give her something ugly, she felt him wipe a cloth on the back of her neck then he patted down the tattoo with his hand.

"Almost done" he said

She couldn't see it but then grabbed a lighter. "Stay very still" he said and held her head down. He lit the lighter and began to drag the flame across her neck, she whined and tried to lift her head up but for an old man he was strong.

"Ahhh!"

"Quite"

Chava could almost feel like something was soaking in the back of her head and it stung. She felt pressure around her eyes as the tattoo began to stretch around her head, the purple ink outlining her eyes.

He tattooed a butterfly on her neck, he tossed the lighter a side and told her she could lift her head up, he had finished. Chava looked at the mirror to her left and sat up, she looked at herself then felt at the bad of her neck. It felt soft and smooth texture. The lines on her face traced back to her neck, it was connected to the butterfly.

About a year later, the man passed away leaving in his place his son. In his honor, what had became a family tradition, they took the blood of their father into a jar. Chava marched back to the old man's house and demanded an explanation to what was happening to her.

"I want this tattoo removed!" She shouted.

His son looked at the girl rather confused, "You don't like Mariposa?"

"No i don't like the stupid butterfly!"

"Mariposa... is a blessing"

Suddenly a pair of illuminated wings formed behind her and the objects in the shop lifted from the, even the things that were bolted to the floor.

"See" he said with a smile. "A blessing"

An intro to a story i had in mind.