Julia’s Journey | Teen Ink

Julia’s Journey

December 11, 2014
By gustavo_s BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
gustavo_s BRONZE, Phoenix, Arizona
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

                              Short story
-Setting the Stage¬¬
Gol D. Roger was known as the Pirate King, the strongest and the most infamous pirate to have sailed the Grand Line. The Grand line is the world’s most dangerous ocean in which only the strongest can survive. During his assassination by the world government, he revealed having left all his treasures in one place. The treasure was known as One Piece. He who obtained the One Piece would be incredibly wealthy; he would be famous; that person would have extraordinary power.
The former Pirate King words “drove man to the Grand Line, in pursuit of the world’s greatest dream they had ever dared to imagine”. Among the man was Monkey D. Luffy.  He had amazing powers. Those kinds of powers could only be obtained by consuming a Devil Fruit, an extremely rare fruit. Another host of similar power was Captain Buggy, the Clown Pirate. Their powers differ in a way as well as their crews. For example, Captain Buggy had a large crew and Luffy only has a few members; he acquired them as he traveled closer to the Great Lines. Dr. Papi lived in Whiskey Peak as a former Dr. Pirate. He had decided to retire live in the sea and live the rest of his live with his three daughters and his wife.
Luffy’s crew had just finished exploring the Island in the Sky and was on his way back to the Grand Line. This was at the time when Papi was planning the attack.

 

                                     Julia’s Journey
Once upon a time, in a far away island, people were controlled by Captain Buggy. This was in the time known as The Great Pirate Era! While all the other pirates were in search of the One Piece, Clown tried making his one treasure by hijacking other ships. He had one rule to follow, “He who betrays me will watch his family die by my hand”. The genius Dr. Papi was undercover to overthrow Captain Buggy. He was working alongside civilian rebels.
In his attempt to overthrow Captain Buggy, he was captured. Luckily a, yet not crew member of Luffy, Usopp took the news to Dr. Papi’s family. At first they did not believe him as he had quite a reputation of being a liar. Although it was too late, they still had time to flee. Pirate Buggy had ordered the capturing of the Alvarez family. When they came to get the family, Usopp stopped them. He commanded the family to flee on Dr. Papi’s old ship and to send a letter to the world government asking for help. 
Julia, one of Dr. Papi’s daughters, was in charge of making the letter while the mom was to figure out a way to get the letter to its destination. It was to be delivered safely without Captain Buggy intercepting it. After the daughter finished the letter, her mom read it; she commented, “It’s not good enough, they won’t help us overthrow Clown and rescue your father! “ The letter had now been soaked with tears. Mother had said the government wouldn’t care or even bother to assist them. She then helped the daughter write a better letter to send to Captain Luffy, the Straw Hat Pirate. Luffy was the only one known to give Buggy a fight.
Luckily for, them, Luffy landed near the Alvarez boat; mother did not have to send it anymore; Cukita spotted the Golden Marry, Luffy’s ship, Although mother had already sent it using her” Flying Bottle Messenger”.  They sailed to him as they spotted him. Luffy being Luffy got really angry when he read the letter: he jumped; he screamed; he swung his way to Whiskey Peak. He did not ask any questions and the others followed right behind.
In his landing, Luffy did the Gum-Gum Pistol Shotgun, landing two giants. Their nose’s bent forward; they lost their remaining teeth, and were sent flying into the sun. That was enough to frighten the other members of Buggy's Band of Pirates. They fled like rats into the ocean; they looked like fish running from a shark. The only one standing was Buggy. He screamed,” you cowards, come back!” as his crew faded into the sunset.  He held a sharp knife to Papi’s neck. Luffy rushed to Buggy throwing his signature move, the Gum-Gum Pistol. Instantly, Buggy did a cowardly move. He threw Papi towards Luffy to avoid the hit. Luffy then backed his arm and instead pushed doc. away to safety.
The straw hat pirate continued running towards Buggy: he did the Gum-Gum Bazooka; clown stood in shock as the hit was to powerful; it seemed all of Buggy’s guts flu out of him; all buggy did was threaten Luffy. The villagers waved in amazement, “good bye, Buggy” as he flew far west.
All of a sudden Luffy’s tummy began to growl. Therefore everyone had a big pirate party for a whole week. The docter apologized to his family for not telling them the truth himself there. Everyone forgave him except, Cukita. Her mother then tried to make her reason. To further encourage her to forgive her father, Nami gave her a set of books.
Cukita did not forgave her father until she had read many books. Luffy continued in the search of the One Piece. He did gather another member before departing though, Ussap. Luffy had heard his great courage and invited him along. Whiskey peak finally lived in peace.


                                       The end


The author's comments:

This short story has a few themes from Daughter of Invention and some settings from the anime One Piece. I originally wanted to do a manga book, but then I realized I am a terrible drawer.