The Mind of Edward Cullen: Twilight | Teen Ink

The Mind of Edward Cullen: Twilight

May 20

My name is Edward Cullen; I’m 108 years old… and I’m a monster.
I’m never kept a diary before and I’m not sure how this whole thing works, but I need to get something off my unbreakable chest…
I, Edward Anthony Mason Cullen am a bloodthirsty man-eating vampire… I live with 6 other vampires - Carlisle, Esme, Jasper, Alice, Emmet, and Rosalie. (My family, of so many words) The only reason I’m writing in this dumb book is because I can’t share much with my “family”… you see, most vampires have powers of some sort. Alice brings with her premonitions… she can see the future. Jasper (Alice’s mate) can calm, Emmet is strong; stronger then the average vampire. Rosalie (Emmet’s mate) now Rose- doesn’t have a power, she’s just beautiful, and she knows it. You could say she’s very much conceded. Esme is our “mother”. She’s loving and caring as if she had given birth to every one of us herself. Carlisle is the head of our coven (family). He truly is our “father”. Now me, well I don’t have a mate. I guess Rose would have been the one but I never really felt it… that feeling - plus she can be a real pain in the ass!
And yes, I have a power as well, I can read minds…

All right, I’ll just get to the point. When she walked into the room I have never wanted a human’s blood so much in my life!!! I have had human blood before, but I don’t want to be a monster… so that is why when Carlisle was just beginning our coven we all (Carlisle, Esme, Rose and I) decided to only feed on animal blood. To only feed on animals, is like a human only eating tofu; it keeps you strong, but never fully satisfies… so we call ourselves the “vegetarians” of the vampire world.

Her name is Bella Swan and I want her…. Oh, how I just want to kill her, just so I can feel her blood on my ice-cold immortal lips… I first saw her in the lunchroom. I normally notice no one, but they all notice my family and me first thing. So did she - I probably forgot to mention that we are unforgettably beautiful. Everything about us reels you in, our voice, our face, even our smell: WE ARE DISIGNED TO KILL! And with that it helps make it easier. I first smelled her blood when she walked into Biology. Foolish girl -- she stepped right into my pathway, and her scent hit me. And of course, she sat in the only open seat, right next to me. I thought of many ways to kill her - after class, walk her to last period (which she would never make it to), but I couldn’t wait an hour; I would have to kill her then, right then. There were witnesses that would notice a dead girl in the middle of the room and a bloodthirsty man over her unable to stop himself. I could of always killed all of them, break their necks with the snap of my fingers, she wouldn’t know what hit her, and then I would swoop in and drink, drink and drink till I had her dead in my arms.

But then I thought of my family. We already had to move once because Jasper slipped up and killed a girl. And I don’t think Esme could take it again, and how could I do such a thing to Carlisle? So, I sat there next to the girl, with my fists closed tightly and my body unmoving, and as soon as that bell rang, I ran. Without a care in the world who saw me, and I did not stop till I came here to Alaska. As I sit here in the middle of the forest I think that I would rather kill myself then go back to Forks, Washington and kill that poor innocent girl. But I have to go back, for my family, and I’ll try my damndest to save my family, and to save Bella Swan.

This Piece is a diary writen by Edward Cullen of the Twilight Saga... I love the books and the movie and with that love i wrote this piece. i read part of "Midnight Sun" and from that i write this... This is only the 1st entry so dont forget to look for more!!

readaholic PLATINUM, Tomahawk, Wisconsin

I'd rather fail because I fell on my own face than fall because someone tripped me up
~Jhonen Vasquez

Yeah, sorry, but I have to agree with Trade...I started reading it and i just didn' want to read anymore...It's not bad, but it's just like, 'How is this on the front page of Sci-fi?Fantasy?...

AlwaysAntlers SILVER, Kingsport, Tennessee

“Don't forget - no one else sees the world the way you do, so no one else can tell the stories that you have to tell.”
― Charles de Lint, (from his book,The Blue Girl)

This probably belongs in the fan fiction section.

HarlequinHurricane, SomewhereLikeThat., Other

A horse ate my cousin once. Me and horses got a fuuuueeeddd.

seriously, no offence, but i love twilight

, and this sucks.  it could have been good, but i just couldn't get into it. sorry. 

LiveForLove BRONZE, Uvalde, Texas

When life hands you lemons, make grape juice, just to confuse people :)

Live like you're dying, Dream as if you'll live forever :)

Peace, Love, Music, Happiness. That's all you need. :)

I didnt hate it but i didnt love it. one thing i would like to point out is that Edward DID want to kill Bella and drink her blood, but the love he had for her stopped that from happening. Other than that, try to make it more original and I can see that would be extremely hard to do considering this book has already been attempted and half read by most people.

Cameandgonesmarty ELITE, North Vancouver, Other

"One day, your life will flash before your eyes; make sure it's worth watching."

Actually, i liked it.

This shows how much Edward has to control himself.

Kind of makes u feel like when u read Bella's point of view he was flawless, but here it shows even the god-damned sexy and gorgeous have their flaws.

Nice job.

My only critisizm is that even though it is violent and i don't mind, adding some emotional stuff would be a nice touch too.

gogreen1 SILVER, Gretna, Nebraska
Quite a few spelling/punctuation errors. The first paragraph I found unnecessary because, well.................. I think we all PRETTY MUCH know how Twilight works and we could have done without the explanation even if we didn't know all the little details. In my opinion I didn't enjoy this an awful lot... so yeah. Sorry. :(

Author2young said...
Much to violent to be in the mind of Edward, vocabulary to small, and he LOVED Bella, he thought her blood was potent and indeed delicious smelling, but I don't think he wants to... Kill and eat her.... Otherwise good... Pleease don't take this harshly! :)

Babbe2 BRONZE said...
Babbe2 BRONZE, Northbrook, Illinois

When Life gives you lemons make orange juice and see if the rest of the world can figure it out
~ I don't know

Id have 2 disagree I read the part of midnight sun and this is exactly edwards point of view good job

theartgeek97 SILVER, Greenville, South Carolina
First of all, I just wanted to say, don't take this too hard.  Most of these comments are negative critisism.  I have not read Twilight myself, but I agree, this does not sound like the Edward Cullen I've heard of.  I do think you have a lot of talent for writing fictional journals though.  Continuing on a very new and very popular book is hard, and it's probably not a good idea.  Maybe if you picked an older or less known of book or possibly a classic, then you would have better luck! :)  Hope this helped.  I would be very interested to read whatever you write next if you take my advice. :b

m.ashley92 SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

The imagination exercises a powerful influence over every act of sense, thought, reason,
-- over every idea.
Latin Proverb

what have u written? i cant seem to find anything. but i'll read, comment, and rate your stuff

m.ashley92 SILVER, Memphis, Tennessee

-- over every idea.
Latin Proverb

I'm not sure Edward talked like that. A lot of the writing was taken straight out of the book, and the context just didn't seem like Edward. The words we too modern, and didnt have much eloquence. I think you're a great writer, but maybe this wasnt the right piece for you.

Mustangs_97 BRONZE, LYMAN, Maine

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer.

Definatley not his personalaty

MustangWriter1813 PLATINUM, Crooks, South Dakota

" No one can told you back besides yourself " MaKayla Claymore class of 2013

First I agree 100% with all the other readers of this. Words are too simple for Edward. And I saw that you took sayings or passages out of Stephanie Meyers' books and this seems like its almost copyrighted/ and or/ playrized. This was disapointing, not original at all. I think you should leave the The twilight series writing to Meyers!

EllieK. BRONZE said...
EllieK. BRONZE, Wilmette, Illinois

"Not all who wander are lost"
JRR Tolkien

"Sometimes life sucks, so suck it up"
-ME

""We succeeded in taking that picture (from deep space), and if you look a it, you see a dot. Thats here. That's home. Thats us. On it, everyone you ever heard of

Sorry if this is harsh-don't mean it to be. I just think it was a bit casual for Edward to be talking and seemed out of character. Also, Stephanie Meyer has her own version. I would just write something else. Sorry.

Would anyone mind reading my work, please. I am looking for some comments and ratings.

Thanks and keep writing

Kgirl BRONZE said...
Kgirl BRONZE, Hopewell Junction, New York
Dont be disappointed in the negative feedback - that's how authors grow.  I agree that your vocabulary needs to imporve, especially when stepping into the mind of someone who has been around as long as Edward.  And I agree that you need to write fresh and original things...but I like that you attempted to step into his mind, the mind that sees all other minds (except Bella's), even if you didn't do the best job at it. Because that's something I do for acting, when I'm getting into character and it really helps me.  And it's a really important thing to do with a character when writing a story.  Just...try writing your own story sometime.  You might be surprised by your own potential.  best of luck :)

Dakota_Lynn said...
Dakota_Lynn, Oxford, Georgia

But that's not the point here.

I agree. If you step into Eddy's head, you need to work on vocab. It also does not sound very original. Sorry! But that's just what I think.

LaylaViolet said...
Your vocab must be stepped up if you're trekking through my Edward's mind (stay out of there (hee hee)). Some of it seems basic, like, people who've read the book will already know this. And I don't think you can rely on Midnight Sun. It's not published, so it isn't official.

Isabel2345 said...
I personally don't think that sounds very much like Edward at all. Also, this is not very original at all. But it's pretty good anyway...

abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz BRONZE, Riverside, Connecticut

"Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly."

Isn't this copyrighted?

Ridelova101 said...
I agree completely