Princess and the Pea | Teen Ink

Princess and the Pea

May 26, 2015
By CamrynT BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
CamrynT BRONZE, Jonesport, Maine
2 articles 0 photos 0 comments

There once was a prince that wanted to marry a princess but not just any princess. He wanted to marry a real princess. He had searched everywhere and he could not find a real princess. Until one night, there was a horrible storm but through the thunder he could hear a knock of the door.  When the prince opened the door he found that it was a princess she was soaking wet. Even though she said that she was a princess the queen didn’t quite believe her but the queen said “We’ll find out soon.” the queen went to the bedroom and got all of the bedding from the bedstead, and put a pea under the bottom, she then got twenty mattresses and laid them on top of the pea, and then twenty eider-down beds on top of the mattresses. The princess hat to sleep on this all night. In the morning when she woke the queen asked her how she slept. “Oh, very badly!” she said “I hardly closed my eyes all night. God only knows what was in the bed… I was lying on something hard. It was horrible!" Now even the prince knew that she was a real princess because she could feel the pea through all twenty of the mattresses and all twenty eider-down beds. No one but a real princess in that sensitive. So the prince took her for his wife, for now he knew that he had a 'real' princess; and the pea was put in the museum, where it may still be seen.