Clean Beach | Teen Ink

Clean Beach

The bright sunshine is shining in from the outside world, as I’m waking up I close my window and start to get out of bed. As I’m getting up I hear my phone starting to go off. I snatched my phone and looked at who was calling and it was my boss Dusty.

“Are you ready for today’s assignment?” Dusty shouted into the phone.

“Yes sir. What is today’s assignment?”

“Your assignment for today is to keep the beaches clean because today is spring break and every one will be making a big mess at the beach so get down there as soon as possible. Dusty out”

As I gathered all the stuff up and put my work clothes on and I headed out the door. I went down to my garage and got in the dolphin mobile and headed to the beach. It was a long ride there seeing all the trash that was on the gound all over the city. I wanted to clean all of it but it was hard with all the work dust had been giving him. As he started to pull up along the beachhead, i saw there was a lot of cars and people everywhere. He had finally found a place to park. He got out of the dolphin mobile. He had struggled to make his way up to the beach but he managed. He tried getting through all of the people to get all the trash but it was way to hard so he decided to climb the life guard tower to get a better view. He struggled to get up because the ladder to the tower was all broken and worn down. He got up and he saw that there was tenss of thousands of people. He said to himself,

"This will be a long day a the beach."

His pocket started vibrating, he grabbed his phone and answered it. He looked at who was calling and it said dusty. He answered and heard Dustys scratchy voice

"Have you arrived at the beach yet?”

"Yes I have sir and how do you expect me to clean all of this stuff"

"You are a superhero Sunshine, you have cleaned a whole city befor I'm pretty sure you can clean one beach."

"Good point sir I will get to it scrubs out."

He scattered down the tower and headed toward the beach. He morphed his hand into a trash bag and started to pick up the trash that was on the ground. He was walking all over and there was so much trash all over. His trash bag hand was starting to get full so he decided he was going to go dump the trash and wait to get all the trash till everyone gets off the beach to make it easier to pick it up. He started to walk back when he heard a familiar laugh he swerved his head to the left and saw it was Trash Man. Trash Man made my city that I lived in really dirty and we could not clean it up and he has been my rival ever since then. I darted back to the dolphin mobile to grab equipment to face trash man. I had finally got the the car and popped the tale. As it opened I saw all my gadgets. I grabbed all my clean bombs and my clean detector watch and sprinted back to the beach. I got there and there was no sight of trash man anywhere. All of a sudden, a strong odor came from behind me and I turned around and a black garbage bag face was smiling at me. I scattered backwards so he could not touch me with his nasty hands.

"We meet again Mr Scrubs"he said In a laughing voice.

"I'm not going to let you make this beach a mess. I already have enough to clean I don't need to clean your sorry butt up after I beat you.

"I guess we will see about that hahahaha"

He started to back up and started to dump trash out of his hands.

"That's enough."

I darted at him and he put his hands up to Block my punch. I tried to punch his arm really hard but that didn't seem to faze him. He punched me in the face but I laughed because I realized his punches don't hurt because he is just a giant trash bag. So I hopped on the front of him and started to beat the living ---- out of him. He got a couple punches in that really did hurt.  He started to say stop as I punched him one last time and he passed out. I walked away grabbing the top of his trash bag head and tossing him in the trash. As I started to put him in I heard a thud behind me and I looked behind me and I saw that it was my old pal Shadow.

"You need some help putting this garbage in there."

"Yeah thanks that would help."

"My pleasure."

As we both threw Trash Man in the garbage.

"He asked if he wanted to hangout for a little bit." 

I told him, "It's getting dark and I have to go clean the beach that is a mess over there."

He said "Aye I'll help you with that and then after we can hang how about that?"

"Yeah that sounds like a plan."

We started to walk over to the beach and I pulled out my trash bag hand and he grabbed a trash bag and we started to clean the beach. After half an hour we only had a little spot clean and then some of the teens that were parting came over.

And said, "Hey, can we help you clean because we feel bad about making it a mess so we wanted to help.”

"Yeah you can help. Thanks."

After a few hours the beach was clean and I went back to my apartment and the day was good.