Mirror of Parallel | Teen Ink

Mirror of Parallel

November 23, 2015
By Emerald01 ELITE, Charlotte, North Carolina
Emerald01 ELITE, Charlotte, North Carolina
182 articles 13 photos 13 comments

Favorite Quote:
"We are always feeling every emotion, but only a few are screaming."


I woke up the darkness of the walls glowed to me as I felt my heart race. Half  asleep but still everything vibrated I finally decided to reach for the light as it was morning. I reach and try to walk but am pushed to the ground. The shadow starts to disappear as I see what I’m sandwiched by. I look up to the tall everlasting mirrors I am in between. My arms are next to both of the different mirrors. I scream but my words only cause a vibration in and out my ears on to the walls back as the atoms bounce up and down. I feel my world turning as I slowly touch it staring at myself. For some reason I feel weird like I’m not me. I just keep staring at the mirror in confusion as i touch my face staring at myself in wonder and confusion why was this so different to me. I feel my heart pluck as I sit down in the tiny space. My life starts to flusher back to me as anxiety about where I am and how tight I was pushed in to the tiny space. I push my head against the glass as tears stream down my face after screaming for help through the dark mirror as my words just zap up and out as the orange circles zap to the top like fireworks coloring the top. I look up as the mirrors continue. I can’t see a point where they stop almost if they’re everlasting. I put my hand down to the ground. I try again and again only to watch the same exact thing happen. I grasp air again and again. I look down in worry to see I was sitting on nothing. My face crawls to a gasp as I scream and back up a spot behind where I was sitting. I get there but before I can do anything I feel a thump as I scream my way to the bottom of another unfamiliar setting.

I watch as I fall down the chimney like thing as I feel the bricks beside me and the wind flowing. I lie back as I see the stars of the night. It was a feeling of flying almost the freeness of it all. I put my hands up and relax feeling the slowness of the earth kind of like a mix between a roller coaster and water slide. I feel the current of it all spice up a bit as suddenly it goes faster almost like a force right to this area. The floor made of gems the walls candy, the people full of joy and laughter coming out of their eyes, the unicorns, dragons, I feel my heart stop as I realize what this might be, I had read about a parallel universe before in psychology. I feel my heart move as everyone stares and a dragon comes up to me. It’s fangs and scales evolving as it opens its mouth and breathes out the fire and in the smoke. I stare at the fire how cool it was as I feel it burning against the skin. I loved fire but would burn if it got to me, I put out my fist as in anger not knowing what to do or where to go just in instinct not that would help at least thats what I thought…… My fist just there glowing it creates smoke. A smoke trail to be exact as it lingers into the dragons eyes and blows. I look at the dragon as I watch it fall, then to my hands as I lift them to my side in victory it’s what came after that though behind the large dragon I see body’s, people on the ground not moving. I feel my heart. Did I just kill a bunch of people? Everyone in this world? My eyes turn red as I almost turn to tears the dragon was protecting them. To this little world I was a threat. How could this happen how could this be? So many questions I just don’t know. I watch as the large elevator comes to my level with the hand drawn trees all over. I get in full of shame and sadness as I get in as it takes me home.