The daily life of the crazed people | Teen Ink

The daily life of the crazed people

“Where are we going now?” I asked Liz.
“We’re going to catch a train, a bus, a cab, and then we have to walk the rest of the way there,” she replied.
Liz started walking towards the train station which was conveniently located next to the airport. I sighed. A gut feeling told me that this trip wasn't gonna go according to the plan Liz made earlier that same day. My gut feeling was right. It was all going fine until we had to catch a cab. Liz wrote down the address on a piece of paper, which she had lost in her purse but then found again when we got into the cab. She then handed the little paper to the driver,  which would have been fine if she wrote down the correct address, but she didn’t because she never bothers to look anything up. She thinks she knows everything. It was so dark we couldn't see much when the cab pulled up and we arrived at our “destination”. Liz paid the cab fare, which was very, very expensive… I wondered where she got the money from to even go on this trip.
“Our destination” turned out to be an abandoned, old dirt road in the middle of I don’t know where, which was next to a large forest. The dirt road led into the forest. I really did not want to go into the forest, and I hoped we weren’t going into that forest.
The cab drove off, and I thought that the driver had the the right idea.
“Liz. Where. Are. We.” I asked pronouncing each word  very slowly so she could understand what I was saying.
“No, No, No this isn't right!” Liz yelled into the air.
She stomped her feet and kicked up dirt and started jumping up and down like an idiot. When she finally stopped acting like a crazed person, she shook her head and calmed down enough to sit down on a tree stump and make some phone calls. I had just started pacing when Liz came over to me and put her hand on my shoulder.
She looked at me straight and said, “It’s okay. This has happened before.”
I glared at her and sat down on a rock, wondering what she meant by ‘this has happened before.’ If she has been here before, you would think she would not get lost.
While she continued her string of phone calls, I pulled out my phone and started playing games to relieve my boredom.
“C’mon let's go,” Liz said distracting me from my game, which made me get a game over. I was not very happy that Pinky had eaten me.
“Go where?” I asked, getting up from the very surprisingly comfortable, mossy rock.
“There’s a cabin like two minutes from here. We will walk there and somebody will come and pick us up tomorrow,” Liz explained to me.
I just sighed and tightened my shoelaces before we started walking down the road next to the forest.

Inspired by my carzy wonderful best friend...