Heartless Servival | Teen Ink

Heartless Servival

April 14, 2016
By Anonymous

Ellia Hartlace loved nothing more than running through the fresh snow in the middle of winter. She blended in perfectly, since as a wolf. She had beautiful white fur. This was not a safe thing to do. The hunter were out and about, so the entire Hartlace Pack was supposed to be in hiding… What they would do if they got their hands on a female alpha. Being confined is like that… It just wasn’t something she could do. She needed to run to show her true form as a wolf. Ellia made bad decisions sometimes, she was reckless when it came to her own safety. As long as no one else's life was on the line, she could do what she wanted. Unfortunately, so could the hunters.

Their shouts soon filled the forest, and Ellia was running for her life. It was fine. She needed a fight. Their blood meant nothing, they meant nothing. Ellia tore through them, ripping them apart, ignoring the screams of pain. They should have been all gone, the snowy blood bath showed that, but there was one left. One that managed to ram Ellia so hard, she slipped off the icy cliff. You would think it would hurt so much more, but Ellia was already too numb. Her body shifted into its human form, her piercing blue eyes wide.

Soon she met with the ice cold water that engulfed her. The next thing she knew was that she felt warm arms around her waist and brought her out of the water. Who ever it was that saved her she would pay for his or her kind deed. When she woke, she noticed it was a young man in his early 20s. He was sitting next to her. They didn’t speak for a while. All they heard were the noises of the animals in the forest. His eyes were a nice brown, she noticed.

“What is your name? My name is Ellia.” She said smiling trying be nice.

“What are you doing in the river? By the way my name is Zane. Are you crazy or something. It's dangerous out here with the hunters out. They could have killed you.” He stated.

“You're not my boss. I’m cold. Do you know a place where we could go to where it’s warm.” she asked.

“There is a cave not far from here. I will lead the way.” He said with a soft shake of his head.

She followed him and next thing she knew he stepped in a trap of some sort. It got him really good and cut his foot. When she checked his foot she saw what it was: a bear trap. ‘What is a bear trap doing out here?’ It was her only thought.

He started yelling. she ran to him and put her hand over his mouth as to not attract attention. He started struggling as she reached for the trap.

“Hold still so I can get you free from this bear trap!” She exclaimed softly.

He grit his teeth and nodded trying to look anywhere other than his leg. It had started to bleed even more and they both knew wild animals were around. He started to growl at her. He was trying to show his dominates. She didn’t like it, so she growled back. We just sat where we were for a few minutes, while she fixed his foot. When she finished, she helped him up and they started to walk. Once they got there, she sat him down. She grabbed something to put his foot up. He looked like he was in so much pain.

“Zane, how do you feel? Thanks for saving me back there.” She asked.

“It’s fine. I’m just bleeding to death slowly. Are you doing ok, you did fall off a cliff.”

“I’m fine. Hold still ok. Please don’t freak out.”

“Why what are you going to do with me?” Zane asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

“You keep your eyebrows, normal, Mr. Creepy Pervert.” Ellia laid her hands on Zane’s hurt ankle, and let her healing powers painlessly fix it. Zane’s ankle was fine and the surrounding area was covered in flowers.

“Uh huh… Well I’m gonna go, strange witch girl.” Zane said trying to get up.

Despite being healed it was still sore.

“Wait, please don’t go.” She said.

The look she gave him was overpowering.

“Love, I can’t physically go anywhere on my own.” Zane noted.

“Stay here while I go hunt for food.” She left  and came back with a deer.

She had the deer by the neck. Ellia had a beautiful wolf form, pure as the white snow. The opposite of Zane midnight black. He got into his form and limped toward her. He started eating while she watched. He came next to her.

“You’re not eating?”

“I think nearly drowning, crave hunger.” Ellia laughed lightly.

She moved toward the dead deer and started eating. Zane joined her as well. As he was eating he fell against her. She just stood there waiting for him to get his footing. He whined in pain. She felt bad for him. She got back in her human form and helped him back on balance.

“Take it easy.” She said wiping her mouth off.

He didn’t respond to what she said. He must of passed out from the blood loss. She dragged him to a clean spot in the cave and laid next to him. She felt bad for what happened to him. She does off as well. She laid her head on his neck.

Black and Penny were worried about their leader Zane. They found him in a cave next to a white wolf. Wait white wolf. That’s the Hartlace pack leader. What is she doing her with Zane? Blake picked up Zane and Penny picked up Ellia. They took them back to where they were. Blake took Ellia from Penny and took her to a dungeon. He chained her to the wall. While Penny took Zane to his home. When Penny met up with Blake at the dungeon to talk with this person from the Hartlace Pack.

“What are we going to do about her? She had to do something to our leader.”

“She’s going to pay for it. Once she wakes.”

They left to check on their leader who was fine. He was in deep sleep.

Zane had been dragged off to the infirmary, where they would mix up a tonic to get rid of the infection he had gotten. It was obvious he had wandered into a bear trap, but how? Zane was always aware of his surroundings. Penny was sure that Hartlace alpha had something to do with it. It didn’t look like there was a struggle. Penny went to see if she was awake. When she walk in Ellia was hitting the bars.

“Why am I here? I didn’t do anything wrong.”

“What happened to our leader?”

“He saved me from drowning. We were going to a cave and that’s when he stepped on a bear trap. I helped him out of it and help him to the cave. I cleaned his wounds. You guys have an amazing leader. I just wish that I could find someone like that. Look I didn’t hurt your leader. If it wasn’t for him, I would of been dead.”

“You helped him. Why?”

“Why not. I mean you would do the same for someone. Zane would have been died if I didn’t get him out of that bear trap.”

“Let me guess you were running and then you got attacked by hunters.”

“Yes, I was running around when they found me. I killed them all except one. Who rammed into me so hard that I slipped off the icy cliff. I thought it would hurt more, but i was already numb. Next thing I knew I hit the ice cold water that soon engulfed me.”

“Wow, that’s something. What would they do if their hands on you or Zane?”

“They would probably kill us and skin us. All they want is money. They just want to find us all and destroy us. That’s why I always move my pack.”
“That’s true. So you’re saying that we should move before they find us.”

“Yes. Can you please let me out of this cage? I just want to make sure that he is ok. I feel bad that he got hurt because of me.” She said sadly.

“Don’t worry he’s fine.”


The author's comments:

I loved writing since I was little.