Unruly Adventure | Teen Ink

Unruly Adventure

By InhumanPoet GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
InhumanPoet GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"There is no sunrise so beautiful that it is worth waking me up to see it" -Mindy Kaling

[In Ark Meadows, a small village, its spring, sun shining brightly and its quiet in the village. Jerry (who is mute) was sitting at his kitchen table peacefully finishing up a thousand piece puzzle until his childhood friend, Haven had something to say to him]

(Haven busts through the door to Jerry's house) Jerry, my friend! Why ya glarin’? Oh, is it because I didn't knock? My bad. Knock knock (Haven knocks on the door) Jerry! (Haven slams his hand on the table messing up the puzzle) I know this is sudd'n but I want us to go on an adventure. Huh? What's wrong buddy? (Haven squats down to meet Jerry's eyes to see what he's looking at) Oh, sorry… no use cryin’ over spilt milk, am i right? (Haven shrugs shoulders) We're gonna to be doing somethin’ better. Like slayin’ some monsters, findin’ some hidd'n treasures. Ya know, stuff like that! So, whaddya say? Cmon Jerry. It'll be fun~, no, super fun. Just imagine it Jerry! So?... Yes! I knew you would agree! That's why I took the liberty of packin’ the things we need for our adventure beforehand. Tah dah!

(30 mins later) Gosh, now that we're actually here, I'm even more excited! What about you, Jerry?...Cmon, show some enthusiasm. (Haven trips on a root)

Whoa! That was quite the tumble, huh Jerry? (Haven sees that Jerry walked by him) Jerry, wait up! (Haven gets up quickly and catches up to Jerry) Ya know, you coulda, ya know, helped. Me. Up. Hey what are you scribblin’ down? ‘Id...i..ot’? Idiot!? I'm not an idiot, if anything, you’re the idiot. Walkin' like an undead, not excited for an adventure. Anyone would be excited! If you don't wanna be part of this adventure, fine! Leave! I don't need a killjoy by my side. ‘With…plea…sure’? Yeah it would be your pleasure, wouldn't it!? Missin’ out on an adventure of a lifetime! *hmph* Who needs you? Not me, that's for sure. (Haven trips over a root) Whoa! (Haven hears something) What was that? (Haven gets up slowly and heads toward the sound) 

Oh. my days. Its a Chimera and…..Its tryin’ to fight Jerry?! He needs my help! But~, i am~ still pretty mad at him. Let's  just see how it plays out and if he needs my help, I’ll help. (See’s Jerry on the ground) Ok…He needs my help. (Haven about to run to Jerry but then stops) Wait, how should I do this? Should I come in fast, sword in hand and say 'I thought you might need a little help'? Ha Ha, yeah ,that's perfect. (Haven rushes in to help Jerry) I thought you might need a little- (Haven trips over a root) You’ve gots to be kiddin' me! These roots just magically appear outta nowhere! (Chimera is about to attack him, Haven shields his face) Oh days, I'm gonna die!...Huh, expected there to be pain, or, maybe I made it to the afterlife!? (Sees Jerry) *gasp* Jerry… did you… die too? Huh?Oh…you killed the Chimera…by…yourself. I wanted to be the one to your rescue, but it ended up, the other way around. ‘Dis..trac…tion’? Your sayin’ I was a distraction? That really makes me feel a lot better. ‘Real..ly’? No, not really!

(Jerry helps Haven up) Oh, thanks… *sigh* Ya know i've been thinkin’ and…I realized i kinda…forced~, this adventure on you and, i can totally understand if you wanna go home now. We can even go together...if you want. ‘Let’s…con…tinue’? You wanna keep going? You sure? If you think you're gonna back out, we can just go home, like, right now. Alright then let's continue, but only because you said so.

FIN

Nothing says unruly like nothing going to plan. Please enjoy. Wrote this for an assignment, thought it should be shared.