Truth Be Told: Introduction Scene | Teen Ink

Truth Be Told: Introduction Scene

By Carson_Beck GOLD, Austin, Texas
Carson_Beck GOLD, Austin, Texas

"Barry's real superpower isn't speed, it's hope. The kid's got an endless reservoir. Thinks it's all gonna work out!" - HR (The Flash)

Scene: Opening credits end fades to basement of Lucas Wright panning slowly down with a ray of sunlight shining from window to the right with dust circling in the light. Stops panning upon reaching table stand next to couch with a phone atop it. Phone begins to ring.
Lucas:(Let's hand fall on phone answering it by accident and knocking it from the table.)
Phone: Hello? Hello, Lucas? Buddy! Where are you?
Lucas: ( Camera now on Lucas. Lucas sits up fast looking for phone.) JUST A SECOND! (Finds phone.) Hello?
James: (Scene changes showing James walking down sidewalk full of people in New York.) Hey buddy, what took you so long? Geez did you just wake up? It's like 2 in the afternoon.
Lucas: (Scene changes back to Lucas rubbing his eyes with free hand.) What are you talking about? (Grabs watch from coffee table in front of him.) Oh crap! James, What day is it?
James: (Scene change to James receiving hotdog from vendor.) It's the 23rd.
Lucas: (From phone in James' hand.) S***!
James:(Pulls phone from ear in pain dropping hotdog.) Ah, dude! You made me drop my lunch you jerk! What's the big deal?
Lucas:(Scene changes back to Lucas standing now, pulling on his hair with free hand.) It's me and my wife's anniversary! She's coming back into New York today, in like 30 minutes! I can't believe I forgot. I gotta go man, I gotta go.
James:(Through Lucas' phone.) No wait....
Lucas:(Hangs up, walking to stairs camera following behind.) Ah crap, I gotta go get her a stuffed bear or something. She cannot know I forgot.
(Door opens as Lucas reaches for the knob revealing a very angry Kinzie.)
Kinzie: Oh she knows.
Lucas:(Camera angled showing Lucas' face which is horrified.) Oh... she does know...(Said with voice caught halfway in throat.)
Kinzie: (Camera back to Kinzie.) So, you forgot our anniversary? One of the two days of the year I ask you to remember. What is wrong with you? You forgot my birthday last month, our anniversary the year before, and when I tried to throw you a birthday party you got drunk and threw up all over the place.
Lucas:(Back to Lucas:) In my defense, I was pretty drunk before the party even began.
Kinzie:(Back to Kinzie.) You're such an asshole. You know what? After three years of marriage I thought you'd have grown up a bit. I'm done. (Turns around and walks away.)
Lucas:(Back to Lucas, shocked mouth gaped open only a small sound escapes throat feet frozen to steps.) Kinzie! Wait! Come back! Kinzie I love you! (Front door slams. Lucas stands in disbelief for a moment, then slowly begins to sit on the top step of the stairs.)
(Phone rings in the distance, cuts to black.)

I'm currently working on writing a script for a movie. I only just wrote this intro scene for it I really want to know what you think of it. If you have any advice contact me at carsontylerbeck@gmail.com, thank you.