Flowers of Forgivness Act 5 | Teen Ink

Flowers of Forgivness Act 5

September 26, 2015
By PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
PrinceHansismyworld SILVER, New Bedford, Massachusetts
7 articles 0 photos 28 comments

Favorite Quote:
"a villain and a victim should never be the same person”


Act 5 Scene 1

 

Madelyn

“Looks like this is the place. You know what you’re getting, right?”

Neveah

“I have absolutely no clue”

Madelyn

“Whatever it is you’re getting, please make it quick. I put a lot of time and effort into planning the countdown ceremony, and I want to be able to enjoy it”

Neveah

“I’m sure I’ll find something in five minutes. Conner is very appreciative. You can give him anything and he’ll treasure it forever, no matter what it is. It shouldn’t be too hard to find him something”

Madelyn

“Whatever you find him, I’m sure he’ll love it just as much he loves you”

(Arrives at antique store)

Neveah

(Looks inside)

“It’s complety dark. Now what am I supposed to do? Is there even a way to get inside?”

Madelyn

“What about that hologram welcome button that turns on when you press it?”

Neveah

“Oh yeah. Good thinking!”

(The lights turned on, blue streaks swipe the stores, shelves of white and a hue of ocean blue rise slowly from the floor.  The antiques appear out of thin air and slowly turn, surrounding by an orbit of touchscreen cylinder glass. A speaker appears out of a thick fog fused with colors of every sunset vapor. After a few seconds, a voice can be heard from the speaker “welcome to gadgets and gizmos, London’s favorite antique store, since the early 2800’s. Here you will find items from last century all the way to the very beginning of the third millennium.”)

Madelyn

(About the intercom)

“Oh! I don’t have time for this. Did you have to put up with this when you first walked in here?”

Neveah

“I don’t recall. But right now, that’s not important. I know whom I’m here for, and that’s whom I’m focusing on. I’m just going to get the present for Conner and leave”

Madelyn

(Sees Kimberly)

“I know that all stores in London are required by law to stay closed, but since I’m the ambassador, I’ll let you keep this store opened for the next five minutes.”

Kimberly

“Do you already know what you’re getting? I can only keep it open if you know for sure what it is you’re buying. If you don’t, then I’m sorry, the store must close. It doesn’t help, just because you’re the ambassador”


Neveah

“It’s okay, I know what I’m getting”

Madelyn

“Let’s hope you’re correct”

Neveah

“Origami tablet. That’s what I want. I made my final decision. Take it or leave it”


Kimberly

(Examines antique)

“Whoever you’re giving this to, you must like them a lot”


Neveah

“The tablet is from the early 2,000s. Conner told me that it was his favorite time period to learn about in history class. So then I thought, ‘why not get an item that corresponds or represents the era he enjoys learning about the most?’”

Kimberly

“If you don’t mind me asking you, what is your favorite era in history?”

Neveah

“I would have to say the touch-screen and social-network era.”

Kimberly

“Since the tablet is from 5 centuries ago, it’s going to cost 300 dollars, but since it’s peace-treaty eve, I’ll give you a discount. I’m usually only supposed to give teenagers a 75% discount, but since it’s peace-treaty eve, what the heck? Why not make it 95% off?”

Neveah

“Seriously? Are you for real? Is this a dream?”

Kimberly

“Yes, I’m for real, and no it’s not a dream. What’s happening in front of you is pure reality. Enjoy it before it’s not yours anymore. Many people neglect their treasures, and once it’s gone, it’s already been lost in the ocean torn apart by vicious currents. Most people never hold close what matters to them, but when it’s taken from them, they then realize what they have lost. If you really love someone, you would never let them get hurt, even if it means getting hurt yourself”


Neveah

(Looks at the ground and gives a “I know what you mean” smile)

“I’m kind of upset that my friend Valentina might have to miss the countdown, but at least I get to see Conner exultant, even if it means me being miserable. I would rather be miserable myself knowing there is a way to escape than watch someone I love being trapped in it knowing that I’ll be heartbroken forever”

Madelyn

“I think we better get going. Neveah, are you coming?”

(Neveah picks up her bag and walks out of the outlet)

Neveah

“ You already know I’m an anglophile. Do you honestly think I would want to miss a peace-treaty part involving my favorite country and the country that I came from? I wouldn’t miss the celebration even if it kills me. I value our friendship, do you think I’ll just abandon you like that?”

Madelyn

“I don’t know it just seemed like you were going to talk to Kimberly for hours.”


Neveah

“Friendship can’t be broken. It’s powerful enough to withstand any storm, strong enough to rise above an earthquake, rather than tumbling under, and even more beautiful than lightening electrocuting the ocean”

                Madelyn

“I always knew you were a great friend, and I’m lucky you’re there for me”

Act 5 Scene 2

Madelyn

“Neveah, aren’t you going to celebrate the countdown with us?”

Neveah

“Yes, what makes you think I’m not? All I’m going to do right now is wrap Conner’s present, then I’ll come back here and celebrate. It’s not like I want to miss out on purpose. You know I would never do such a thing.”

Madelyn

(Sees Bianca and Vanessa)

“These guys again?”

Neveah

“Don’t worry, I’ll take care of them for you”

Bianca

“Do you have any idea what happened since Valentina ran away?”

Neveah

“If you’re implying that you realized that you were the one who should owe her an apology, then yes, I do know what happened. However, if you still think she should be the one who is sorry, then maybe you shouldn’t even bother approaching me”

Bianca

“If people could stop committing evil, this world would be a better place”

Neveah

“You know what would be better? If people could stop teaching it! That’s right! You heard me. And maybe evil exists because people like you, pushing someone too far, to the point where they can’t see any other way out besides being like the ones who hurt them the most”


Vanessa

“It doesn’t matter how she was before, what matters now is that she is a monster. I don’t know who in the right mind would ever forgive her, but if they do, they’re just as messed up as she is”

Neveah

“You call her a broken, but all I see is someone who just wants understanding. Maybe you’re the one who messed her up. How can someone so broken, be expected to love?”

Vanessa

“If only you could hear yourself right now. I don’t know if anyone told you, but just by me hearing you, I can tell how idiotic you are. I can’t believe people listen to you considering the fact that you’re thoughtless beyond belief”

Neveah

“Look, I’m not trying to start any trouble but, my friend spent a lot of time planning this party, and I’m not going to let you take away everything she worked hard for.”

Bianca

“Well, you wont see us around, but I hope you never have to face that monster. She didn’t care how those people felt, so why should we care about what made her evil?”

Neveah

“She’s not evil like you make her out to be. And she may not understand emotions, but her heart is pure and full of kindness, not a rotten, unforgiving soul like you.”

(Bianca and Valentina speechless, end up leaving)

Madelyn

“Thanks for taking care of them”

Neveah

“I’ll never let anyone ruin your party. I know how much thought went into this party, and I’m not going to let anyone ruin everything you stand for.”

Madelyn

“That’s really generous of you. No one has ever been this kind to me before. Sometimes I think that we were meant to be friends. Not only have you been there for the times of laughter, but you were also there in the times of grieve. By being by my side, you have proven yourself to be a true friend”

Neveah

“Well anyone can be your friend when the sun is shining, but it takes a real friend to be there for you in the storm.”


Madelyn

(Looks at clock tower)

“That’s a relief. Do you want to wrap Conner’s present before the countdown starts?”

Neveah

“You know what? What if I just enjoy the party with you and wrap his present after the countdown?”

Madelyn

“Well…. The party doesn’t end until 5:00 in the morning so I don’t see why not”

Neveah

“We have 10 minutes to spare. Don’t you have anything to celebrate with?”


Madelyn

“I know! I know! How about slip n slide?”

Neveah

“I don’t know… I don’t think that’s a good idea”

Madelyn

“Come on! You’ll love it! I promise!”
Neveah

“Well I may have my doubts, but it is Valentines Week. What do I have to lose? The night can only get better.”

Madelyn

“That’s the spirit!”

(Arrive at water complex where there is both slip n slide and water sprinklers)

Neveah

“It’s peace-treaty eve! It’s peace-treaty eve!”

Madelyn

“Yeah.. but in a couple of minutes, it’s going to be peace-treaty day”

Neveah

“The water is awesome!”

Madelyn

“Want to see something even more awesome?”

Neveah

“Of course I would! It’s Valentines Week!”

Madelyn

(Presses button on sprinkler pole setting and the water lights up Valentine colors)

Neveah

“Wow! It’s beautiful”

Madelyn

(After admiring the lights for 30 seconds, they go to slip n slide part)

“Get ready, Neveah”


Neveah

“Ready for what? Wait, I’m confused. What are you talking about? What am I getting ready for?”


Madelyn

(Pushes Neveah and slides)

“This”

Neveah

“That was awesome! I want to go again!”

Madelyn

“I knew you could get into the spirit of things”

Neveah

“Ready Madelyn? Push me but this time with extra force! I want to go twice as fast”

Madelyn

“Are you sure about that? You’re my friend. I don’t want you injuring yourself. And on top of that, me being responsible”

Neveah

“Oh relax. I’ll be fine. Trust me”

Madelyn

“Well… if you say so”

Neveah

“Awesome! I’m going on the slip n slide again!”

Madelyn

“Okay… gets ready Neveah. On the count of three. One…. Two…”


(Pushes Neveah)
Neveah

“Wheeee!”


Madelyn

“What do you say to a racing match? Last one sliding has to wrap the presents”

Neveah

“Oh it’s on. I’m pumped up for this! I can feel the rush in my veins!”

Madelyn

“Calm down, Neveah. No need to get excited”

Neveah

“I’m ready whenever you are. Let’s do this! And a-one and a-two and a-“

Madelyn

“Race-time!”

Neveah

“That was awesome!”

Madelyn

“Yeah, it sure was, wasn’t it?”

(Looks at clock)

“Uh, Neveah”

Neveah

(Laughs with glee)

“Yay! Water!”

Madelyn

(Notices Neveah is not paying attention)

“Neveah! Please just listen to me! It’s very important!”

Neveah

(Stops splashing and replies with concern)

“Why? What is it? What’s wrong?”

Madelyn

“We have 5 minutes left until midnight. So we have to get ready for the countdown. It’s an important event. Now come on before we miss it!”

Neveah

(Remembers about the 12:00 ceremony, but realizes she was distracted by the water)

“You know what that means don’t you? It’s officially going to be peace-treaty day. “

(drags Madelyn through Batter sea Park)

“OMG! OMG! OMG! Let’s go! Come on! This is going to be so awesome! I can’t wait! OMG! I’m so excited! I can feel the fireworks exploding inside of me!”

Madelyn

“Okay. Calm down Neveah. I know you’re excited but we still have a couple of minutes. I would save my energy until the last couple of seconds before the clock actually strikes”


Neveah

“Remember the sparklers you told me about earlier? Do you still have those?

Madelyn

“I actually have some sparklers in my jet pack.”

(Opens up jet pack)
“Here are some sparklers for you and here are some sparklers for me. Now don’t light them up until they make the announcement

Neveah

“What announcement are they going to make?”

Madelyn

“One minute remaining until countdown.”

Neveah

“If you’re the one in charge of the treaty celebration, why don’t they just have you announce the countdown?”

Madelyn

“I would love to, but in this time period, robots and automated communication seem to be taking over. I guess it’s what you have to expect, living in the 29th century”


Neveah

“I love the 29th century! I wonder what people in the 21st century thought what the future would be like? Did they ever expect for it to be like this?”

Madelyn

“What if when before you told me about time not existing, you were actually telling the truth? What if time doesn’t exist and we’re just imagining? There’s no minutes, years, or centuries. Perhaps our world is made up of moments rather than interval.

Neveah

“Maybe there are people in an even more distant future, having a conversation just like we are right now.”

Madelyn

“Sometimes I come here to catch a glimpse at the stars, and if I look far enough, I get this feeling that there is much more than the Milky Way and that beyond all the stars and planets, there is someone living about in another universe.”


Neveah

“Thinking about space is interesting but the coolest part is—“

(Soon an intercom comes on, a giant TV screen comes on with the British and American flag intertwined and white speakers appear and a blue light illuminates the blue throughout the UK. A hue that is so fluorescent, that even the darkest of lakes can reflect it. Stations with colorful music speakers line every sidewalk. Then an announcement comes on from an automated speaker. “One minute until countdown.”)

Madelyn

“Well, here it is. The moment we’ve all been waiting for.”

Neveah

“I can’t believe it’s that time already”

Madelyn

“This is going to be magical”

(Checks off lists with marker and reads names as she crosses them off)

Sparkers, check. Firelight ignition tube, check. Friendship?”

(Looks at Neveah in unison)

Neveah

“Double check”

(“30 seconds until countdown)

Madelyn

“1,000 years of dedication has led us to this moment”

Neveah

“Ready to light up the sparklers?”

Madelyn

“Ready whenever you are”

 

Neveah

“I can’t believe I’m actually doing this”


Madelyn

“Well you better believe it, cause it can only get more magical from this point forward”

(The countdown starts and everyone in London is gathered with sparklers to witness the countdown, almost as if they were celebrating New Years.)

Inhabitants of US and UK including Madelyn and Neveah

“10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1”

(Fireworks shoot from the sky, the big ben opens and two giant piñatas that look like the flag of UK and US levitate their way out. Ribbons explode out of the piñata and fly everywhere across the city, resulting in the city being covered with confetti. A giant floating TV passes by with the words “1,000 years” and balloons the color of blue, red, white and pink fill up the atmosphere)


“Happy friendship Day!”


Neveah

“Now that the countdown is over, it’s officially peace-treaty day. Now it’s the exact day Great Britain and America became friends. How does it feel?”

Madelyn

“I don’t know what to say. All I can say right now is wow. That’s how exciting it is”


Neveah

“So, I guess you can say it left you speechless?”

Madelyn

“Yes, as a matter of fact, it most certainly did”

 

Neveah

“So did you have a say in how the countdown celebration was going to look like once everyone stopped counting?”

Madelyn

“Even though I am the ambassador, I don’t have a say. It’s not because, I’m not authorized. Well, I wouldn’t say not authorized because I am an ambassador after all. It’s just because they think being a teenager and having such a big responsibility is already enough to deal with”

Neveah

“Even if you didn’t plan the countdown celebration, you should still be proud at yourself for what you accomplished. If it wasn’t for you, this party wouldn’t even exist, and neither would the countdown that just happened”

Madelyn

“Now that the countdown is over, do you want to wrap up Conner’s gift?”

Neveah

“Wait.. Now? You don’t mind me leaving you here alone?”


Madelyn

“Neveah, I’m an ambassador. I’m capable of being myself for a few minutes. Now please, it is in my honor to excuse you.”

Neveah

“Well, I’m going to wherever it is, I’m going or in this case the place where I hid his gift. Now, are you sure you’ll be fine out here by yourself?”

Madelyn

“Neveah, yes I’m sure. Now please, go”

Neveah

“We should meet again in a few moments but in the meantime, I wish you the best of luck.”

 

Act 5 Scene 3

Neveah

(Talking to herself while scurrying through her bedroom)

“Now, where did I put his present? Damn it! It has to be here somewhere!”

(Looks in drawer)

“Found it”

Madelyn

“Hi Neveah”

Neveah

“Madelyn, what are you doing here? I thought you wanted to be alone”

Madelyn

“At first I did but then I realized it was unlikely to be alone on peace-treaty day, so then that’s when I decided to join you.”

Neveah

“While I was in here, I wrote a note for Conner to go along with his present. Care to see what I wrote him? It’s written on the lace paper, delicately stitched in ribbon”

Madelyn

(Reads paper)

“Wow, it’s written so beautifully. I’m sure he’ll love it very much.”

Neveah

“What’s even more beautiful is the smile on his face when he reads the letter that is coated in the finest and silkiest of lace”

 

Madelyn

“Maybe I should leave you alone since this is a private moment”

Neveah

“No, you can stay. Just don’t tell Conner the surprise I have planned for him”

Madelyn

“Trust me Neveah, I won’t, my lips are perfectly sealed. I promise.”

Vanesssa

(Opens door)

(Sarcastically)

“Lovely peace-treaty between the UK and the US isn’t it? If only the UK was a better place, but unfortunately it’s corrupted. Knowing that you let all the violence worsen, everyone in the US is now attacking back. Camden did say before that history does repeat itself. Now it’s the Boston Tea Party all over again! What a shame”

Madelyn

“So you just have the right to barge in here and mock everything I worked hard for? I had to sacrifice my time, so that the party could be decent and enjoyable, and you return the favor by mocking my country? What does that say about yourself?”

Neveah

(To Vanessa)

“What exactly did she do that was so threatening?”

Vanessa

“Valentina threw that candle, and Madelyn could have had stopped her. But instead she decides to let everyone suffer. What happened could have had been easily prevented, but Madelyn didn’t seem to care, even though the destruction was right in front of her. Not only was Valentina pathetic for putting all those people through trauma, but Madelyn was pathetic as well for allowing those people to suffer through it”


Madelyn

“Evil could of also had been prevented as well but you just let Valentina suffer until she couldn’t take your mercilessness anymore.”

Vanessa

“None of that matters now, what matters now is that Valentina is going to suffer and I’m going to enjoy every minute of it.  So if you’re thinking about bringing her back to safety, think again, because I’m warning you. Nothing gets past me. Not even the brightest of flames”

 

(Bianca and Valentina are in a palace far away from London)

Bianca

“What you did to everyone is London was inexcusable, no matter what you went through. I don’t care if they made fun of you before; you brought it upon yourself to hurt those people. And for that, you must suffer what they went through”

Valentina

“What they went through? What about what I went through? Doesn’t anyone care how I felt?”

Bianca

“It doesn’t matter now. What matters is that you’re paying the price for the evil actions you committed. I’m sorry, but you need to learn that life is not fair, and for the stunt you pulled, you’re going to learn in the most gruesome way imaginable”

Valentina

“I can’t believe you’re actually going through with this! I may be wrong and I’ll admit that, but by you threatening to hurt me, doesn’t that make you wrong as well?”

Bianca

“Me, wrong? Why am I wrong for making you suffer because of what you deserve? I wasn’t the one who told you to hurt those people? That was all on you. Maybe next time, you’ll learn before making dumb excuses for those you injured. I’m sure they don’t want to hear it, and neither do I”

Valentina

“That wasn’t an excuse! I actually felt all the torment their harsh words put me through. I have suffered through the torment for years now. Why are they the victims so suddenly? Didn’t you ever think that would bother me in the slightest? Knowing that while I was spending all those years attached, no one reached out for me, but whenever all those I tormented, turned into the victims, I was the one that had to suffer?”

Bianca

“I wouldn’t waste my breath. There’s no one here who can save you. The only person here besides you is me. And I sure as h--- don’t give a d--- about you.”

Valentina

“I know that. You don’t have to remind me. Why else would you be treating me like this?”

Bianca

“Only because it brings me joy to see you suffer in pain, just like what you did to those poor, innocent people.”

Valentina

“For the last time! I never hurt them for pleasure, I hurt them because I was sick of they way they were treating me”

Bianca

“We all have problems don’t we? While you were gone, mostly half of the population was traumatized all because you decided to get angry and throw that candle”

Valentina

“While you were making fun of me back in London, no one ever bothered to check if I was okay. They laughed, and allowed you to torment me, until it was too much for me to take. And you’re seriously taking their side?”

Bianca

“I don’t care what you have to say anymore. I will make you suffer even if it kills me”


(Bianca goes to the fireplace and throws a candle at Valentina and she begins to cough. Her skin produces rashes and there is heat bubbling in her skin, the heat starts to spread, and she is extremely weak with heat stroke)

Bianca

“Have a nice life. Oh yeah, that’s right. I forgot. You don’t have one anymore.”

(Bianca now exits)

Neveah


(Neveah finds Valentina, in a heat stroke)

Neveah

“Valentina!”

(runs to her and cries)

“No, no! I’m too late! How could I ever let this happen? I wanted to save you, but I couldn’t help you in time”

(crys and hugs her tighter)

“I’m so sorry, I never meant for it to be like this.”

(Madelyne enters)

Madelyn

"maybe there's still a chance. Maybe she doesn't have to suffer"

Neveah

"I don't know, Madelyn. What if it's too late? What if there's no possible way to cure her?"

Madelyn

"I'm not sure if it will do much, but you could perhaps maybe try the water fountain"

Neveah

"I'm not sure if that would even be enough"

Madelyn

"Maybe you're right. What if it's not? But your love and understanding sure will and if love is weak, nothing else could be powerful"

Neveah

"You think the water fountain will work?"

Madelyn

"no one ever said it will. However, it is a possibility that it just might. However, if she doesn't get cooled in time, she'll be doomed for incurable heatstroke until she collapses into darkness and your compassion is the only thing that can save her"

(Madelyn exits)

(Neveah aides Valentina outside)

Valentina

(while being accompanied by Neveah)

“wh- - wh—what happened? I don’t feel so good”

Neveah

“Valentina, I hate to be the one to tell you this, but..”

Valentina

“Is it bad? Please tell me it’s not bad”

Neveah

“I wish I could, but unfortunally that’s not the case. You’re suffering from extreme heatstroke and if you don’t get cooled off in time, the heat will be too powerful for me to cure”

Valentina

(Becomes more weak)

“ugh, I’m starting too already get weak. I don’t know how much longer I have.”

(Coughs)

“p-p-please. S-s-stay. Until at least I g-g-get b-b-better”

Neveah

“That’s exactly what I’m doing. I’ll cure you even if it kills me”

 


(Neveah and Valentina end up at the water fountain)

Neveah


(Carefully sits Valentina on the edge of the water fountain and lets her soak her lower body)


“Please, don’t die. I’m begging you. Please! Whatever you do, don’t die.”

(Neveah loses hope and cries)

Neveah

“I don’t want to lose hope, but at this point. What can I really do? No way, could you ever get better. Not even by me comforting you and that’s what pains me the most”

(While Neveah is crying London is rid of all its flames and all that was crumbled is now restored to it’s original, beautiful self.)

Valentina

“Neveah? What’s going on? What am I doing here?”

Neveah

“Long story short. You needed help, so I brought you to the fountain to cure you”

Valentina

“Thanks so much for saving me. If it wasn’t for your consideration and compassion, I wouldn't even be here. I still can’t believe you traveled all that distance, to make sure I didn’t have to suffer alone. I never knew you could be so generous”

(Madelyn joins Neveah and Valentina at the fountain)

Madelyn

“All the destruction, there’s no more of it. It’s complety gone.”

Valentina

“If that were the case, then that means”

Camden

(gasps)

“That’s it! That was the cure for evil! You stopped evil by traveling in her footsteps. It all makes sense now! The water fountain represents purity. That’s the way to stop evil! Not through anger, but by love and compassion”

Conner

(Jumps and moves around excitedly)

“Yay! This is so bloody awesome!”

(not sure what is going on)

“Wait, what are we celebrating?”

Neveah

(notices Conner)

“Oh, Conner! I almost forgot. I have a surprise for you”


Madelyn

“Ugh, Neveah. I don’t mean to interrupt but isn’t his present inside?”

Neveah

“Oh, that’s right. I’ll go get it. Stay right there”

(Neveah returns with gift and hands it to Conner)

Neveah

"Here you go, sweetie. I hope you like it"

Conner

"I don't know what to say. It's all so sudden."

Neveah

"Go on, open it"

Conner

"An antique? How did you now? It's like you know me so well."

Neveah

"Oh, and I almost forgot to mention. There's a note that goes along with it."

Conner

"You even printed the note on lace paper? I don't know what to say, it's beautiful, but your kindness is even more beautiful."

Neveah

"Here, I'll read the note for you."

(Proceeds to read note)

"Contently in heaven
although once apart
You lost the war
but you won my heart"

(kisses Conner)

"Happy peace-treaty Day"

Neveah

"I'm glad we put our differences aside"

Madelyn

"And I as well"

Neveah

"Our countries did have controversies in the past"

Madelyn


"That’s all behind us. The important thing is, history will never repeat itself"