Sky Blue Eyes | Teen Ink

Sky Blue Eyes

By Maris13 BRONZE, Minooka, Illinois
Maris13 BRONZE, Minooka, Illinois

Its dark-thunder clouds rolling in-giving it an ominous sound-darkening the already dark sky. I see a hazy figure through the mist. She blends in-I can barely see her-the only thing standing out is a glowing blue. I approach the figure, hesitant, my bare feet barely making a sound as I walk on the cold, marble, rain dampened floor. Thunder sounds overhead, echoing through the place. I can see the figure now; it’s a sad looking woman. She had a black corset, a gray undercoat, molding into a dress. She has long black sleeves, pointed at the top. There is a black corset choker around her neck. Her head is tilted to the side, spilling her long, gray hair. It reaches the floor, surrounding her, damp. She has black and grey knee-highs, complete with gray ballet flats. Her pale skin is barely showing, standing out when it shows. In her hair, she has a black lace headband. Protruding from her back are two ragged, black wings. They seem to fit her.

As I walk closer, I see more details. Her face is forever in a sad looking expression-saddening whoever goes by her. Her mouth is in a small line, showing no emotion. Her cheeks and nose are red-most likely from the rain. Her eyes-her eyes are a stunning blue-they hold so much color, yet they’re a void. Her right hand-I notice-is holding-no-clutching a small pocket watch. On that watch, both hands are on the twelve. She surprises me-she looks at me, and stares.

“Alex,” she whispers. “I’ve been waiting for you.”

I stare at her, bewildered. She’s been haunting my dreams.

“Your time is up,” she whispers again. The clouds engulf her, making her blend in once again.

“Wait!” I call, groping for any particle of her.

“Times up.” I hear her whisper to me. The world then goes black.

A picture called "Sky Blue Eyes" inspired me. I cannot claim ownership for the picture. But I do claim the idea.

penny12 BRONZE said...
penny12 BRONZE, Minooka, Illinois
Love it! you should totally put more pieces up. I know you have more, maybe a piece from the book you're writing!