Evil Kills Evil | Teen Ink

Evil Kills Evil

By Sophia_LaPalme DIAMOND, Loxley, Alabama
Sophia_LaPalme DIAMOND, Loxley, Alabama

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.”
― Robert Frost

The streets were dark and deserted as he made his way down the grimy, trash-strewn pavement. All the businesses were closed except for the bars and clubs. Music trickled out from some of their open doors, filling the empty streets with a noise almost like an echo. He hummed to himself as he passed a bar on his right. Through the darkened glass, he spotted a woman sitting at the bar. Two men were at her side, leaning a little too close to her. He shook his head and continued on.

The pulsing lights of a club drew his attention briefly. However, the thumping bass of some obnoxious music and the sounds of drunken shouts made him walk on. At the street corner sat a small bar. The lights were dimmed and most of the seats were empty. He pushed the heavy, red door open and glanced around. Two bartenders gazed at him, and he noticed how dull the light in their eyes was, like a flickering candle flame. A rather drunken man slouched over the counter, presumably attempting to drown his sorrows or bury his pain. A woman next to him, turned away from his sad form. She was small and slender, with long, blonde hair, a good body, and rather tight clothes to show it off.

He sat next to her and ordered from one of the sad bartenders.

“Hey, girl,” He spoke in a low voice. “What’s your name?”

She giggled. “Anna. What can I call you?”

“Whatever you want.” She giggled again. He could see that she wasn’t very smart. “You’re the only real man here.” Anna whispered loudly.

“What do you say, we go to my place?” He suggested.

“Sure, let me finish this.” She pointed at her drink. “I have to go to the lady’s room.”

He leaned over as she stumbled towards the bathrooms. He made eye contact with the bartenders until they looked away. Then, he slipped a lovely little pill into her drink.

Ten minutes later, and they were headed back to his apartment. She held his jacket around her petite frame, her tight, black dress doing nothing to keep out the cold. He relished the noise of her heels clicking on the grimy pavement. In a couple minutes, that pill would kick in.

She went limp just as he was unlocking his door. He grinned and dragged her semi-conscious body inside. It was just like he did in several cities, several states. No way to mess it up, his plans were flawless and perfectly executed. Sadly, he would have to leave this apartment soon. Too many killings in one area would lead to suspicion.  

He laid her body down on his sofa and bound her wrists with duct tape. He turned on the lights, and watched her eyes try to focus on him. The sight of her small frame struggling against the drugs sent shivers of anticipation up his spine. Her mouth tried to form words and failed. Smiling, he arranged a knife, a lighter, and some rope on the table next to him. He put gloves on and cracked his knuckles.

“I promise you won’t feel a thing. You’ll feel everything. You won’t enjoy it as much as I will, Anna. I’m sorry.”

He took his jacket from under her and tossed it on the floor. Then, he slipped off her shoes. Fumbling because of his thick gloves, he managed to remove her jewelry with only minor difficulty. He stashed her jewelry in his pockets and knelt down next to her. He picked up his knife, admiring the smooth, black blade. He gently stroked her cheek with the blade, and her eyes focused unsteadily on him.

The blade dug into her cheek, producing a large slit in her cheek. However, no blood came out of it. He stabbed the knife into her arm, expecting to see some blood. He wanted to see it, but he didn’t want to seriously hurt her, not yet. Nothing. Her skin was so cold.

He leaned closer to her and kissed her bright red lips. When he began to stand up, she leapt at him, her teeth bared ferociously. An animalistic roar erupted from her throat as she leapt on him. The duct tape tore like tissue paper. He saw that her teeth weren’t really teeth, they were very sharp fangs.

“You messed with the wrong woman. You’ll pay for every woman you’ve killed.” She snarled. Her lipstick made her fangs look so much more lethal. Her eyes were sharp and focused, with a little glint of malice underlying the lucidity.

“No, no…” He struggled against her tight grip. This couldn’t be real.

“Yes.” She squeezed his wrists so tightly, she could hear the bones crack. He cried out in pain.

“Oh my God…” He whispered.

“You aren’t one of his children anymore!” She snapped.

Tears sprung from his eyes as the fear consumed him. The faces of all the women he murdered flashed in front of his eyes as she sank her teeth into his neck and drained his warm, sweet blood.

She licked the blood off her lips and grabbed her jewelry from his pockets. “Goodbye, and see you in Hell.” She left his apartment and headed down the grimy streets, ready to help root out the evil men. Evil kills evil, she thought.

This is pretty creepy! Enjoy!