The Creature | Teen Ink

The Creature

By kkohn BRONZE, Newton, North Carolina
kkohn BRONZE, Newton, North Carolina

She walked home late at night from a long day with her friend when they got to her house they realized her house lights were on “I thought you lived alone” says Bailey “I do, and the babysitter should be gone already” replies Alexis as they slowly creep up to the house. 

They continued to creep up to the house Bailey looks up at the window of the babies room “hey isn't that where Xavier sleeps?” ask Bailey “yeah, i wonder who is up there with him” replies Alexis moving faster towards the house after realizing the man shaped figure in the window Alexis moves faster realizing that her baby boy could be in danger they walk through her front door which has been chopped into little pieces. 

A mess left in the floor stuff is everywhere and the furniture is destroyed “do you have a wild animal issue around here?” ask Bailey “No this is weird to me too” replies Alexis turning to look at the stairs going up to the bedrooms. She walks into the kitchen and pulls out two knives and hands one to Bailey “what am i going to do with this?” ask Bailey “its just in case we get attacked” says Alexis.

They move quickly and quietly to the stairs they stop and listen they here quick movements towards Xaviers window “hurry” whispers Alexis now sprinting softly up the stairs when they get to the top they turn to the right and open the door the light is on. The room and Xavier is fine it actually is cleaned up a bit Bailey looks out the window that is wide open while Alexis stands in the doorway looking around the room confused. 

Xavier watches his mother noticing something behind her “who ever it was they left through the window I think” says Bailey still staring out the window “Mommy! Monster!” yelps Xavier staring at his mom “not right now Xavier I will check under your bed later” says Alexis “no Mommy monster!” exclaims Xavier Bailey turns around and stares at Xavier confused then realizes that Xaviers eyes aren't fixed on his mother they are fixed behind her Bailey looks behind Alexis and sees nothing “Xavier what do you want, do you want your toy?” ask Alexis completely confused at what her son is trying to ask for or tell her “No Mommy monster back!” exclaims Xavier staring behind Alexis. 

Alexis turns to Bailey who is staring behind her and finally realizes what Xavier was trying to get at and as soon as Bailey opens her mouth to speak Alexis gets knocked off her feet which causes her to drop her knife and gets dragged downstairs and out the front door. 

Bailey hurriedly picks up Xavier who is already in his play clothes “your babysitter just left you dressed?” ask Bailey “No closet,Monster” replies Xavier staring at the closet door. 

She walks up and opens the closet door she finds the babysitter covered in blood with her face and body shredded in shock Bailey drops her knife, closes the closet door, and sprints downstairs and outside.

Finding her friend laying in the floor with a few claw marks “i’m calling the cops!”  exclaims Bailey pulling out her phone and dialing 911 “hello, yes we need an ambulance me and my friend have been attacked by some crazy guy-” Bailey gets cut off by Alexis saying “not a man some animal maybe not even that it was a weird man-like creature” “yes were on riverdale 3456 rose street yes, ok thank you please hurry” finishes Bailey “ok cops and an ambulance are on the way we just gotta make it for 15 more minutes ok?” says Bailey checking around them for the attacker. 

She then looks at Xavier “Monster Monster” yells Xavier pointing into the shadow dead in front of them Bailey lays Xavier down and carefully drags Alexis into the light Bailey lays Alexis against the wall and sits next to her Xavier gets up and walks next to them and sits down in front of them “monster” says Xavier quietly “where?” ask Bailey and Xavier points directly beside Bailey and Bailey looks down at her lap because she felt something sharp barely touch her when she looks down she sees a dark brown almost black human/animal-hand like thing on her leg she looks up and is now face to face with the creature.

It digs one of its nails into her leg she doesn't make a sound and slowly reaches back for her flashlight and flashes it in the creatures eyes and the creature gives a terrifying scream that partially sounds like a deep roar the creature got more into her face and gave a creepy human like smirk and picks her up by the throat slowly choking her.

Until Xavier tugs on a shirt that the creature was wearing the creature drops her and stares at the boy it tilts its head then gets down on all fours and takes off running into the woods later the cops and the ambulance show up the cops check the perimeter and say they found nothing except the babysitter dead in the closet and the destroyed house they do not know what the cause of this is...

A few days later

As she walks down the dark hallway she has an eerie feeling that she's being followed so she spins around several times and sees nothing. 

She finds one light and sits there noticing this seems familiar she turns and sees a shadow it drags her, claws her and she opens her eyes screaming realizing that it was just a nightmare. 

She calms down and stops screaming she looks around making sure it wasn't real but she senses being watched she turns around and there were immediate screams then silence to this day the workers in this hospital say they can still hear the screams of Alexis Mary Davis.

- this was originally an ELA school project

- I found this app through my teacher the school year after I wrote the story

- this is a suspense story

-this story may get a little gory