Living a Movie | Teen Ink

Living a Movie

By thedylster_3 BRONZE, Papillion, Nebraska
thedylster_3 BRONZE, Papillion, Nebraska

Living a Movie

October 30th 

Just another day. It’s October 30th, the day before me and my friends favorite Holiday, Halloween. My friends and I have big plans for tomorrow. Tyler, Nolan, Thomas and I are holding our second annual Halloween Basketball Tournament. 4 on 4 games to anyone that shows up. Last year was such a hit we had over 20 teams show up. We’ve been practicing all day so I think we’re ready.

Halloween

It’s finally the day. We  have about three hours until the tournament starts at 7:00 p.m. We’re setting up the court to look Halloween themed. When it finally reaches 7:00, we look over and see a bunch of kids with basketballs walking towards the court. But everyone freezes when we see a big green cloud hovering over the entire park and 4 lights shoot out from the mysterious cloud. We see 4 figures appear in the lights. The cloud vanishes and the four figures start heading towards us. We all think it's a Halloween show or something so we don’t think anything of it. When the four figures get close we see what they are. It’s people dressed up in a, Chucky, Freddy Kruger, Michael Myers, and a Pennywise costume. They looked really good.

“Those costumes look so realistic” I comment, “Where did you get them?” But I didn’t get a reply. I looked at Tyler and he just shrugged. “Do you guys wanna play some basketball with us?” Thomas asked. Chucky nodded. “Does one and twos to 15 sound good?’ I ask them. They nodded again. I let them have the ball first. We check up and start playing. They’re actually pretty good because they scored right away. Pennywise starts walking back up to the top of the key with the ball, “It’s not make it take it,” I tell him. He stops and slowly turns to face me. I try to take the ball so we  can continue playing but he has such a strong grip I can't get it. “Bro, give me the ball we gotta finish this game we got other games to do,” I say annoyed. That’s when the rest of his friends surround me. Nolan, Tyler, and Thomas all attempt to get them away but they get pushed to the ground by Michael and Freddy. Then they turn their attention back to me. When they do I take off running in the opposite direction. I look behind me and see my three friends behind me. My house is across the street from the park so that’s where I was planning on going. When the four of us get to my front yard, Chucky, Freddy, Michael and Pennywise all slowly walk out of the bushes.I look at them in shock then look behind me and no longer see anyone at the basketball court. I’m silent from the shock. “H-How did you get here so fast?” Tyler stutters. They start laughing like lunatics. We all start running again. But this time all in different directions. I go left, Tyler runs right, and Thomas and Nolan go back towards the park. Obviously we never pay attention in horror movies because you aren’t supposed to split up. 

I’ve been walking around for about an hour. I’m really worried because I’ve texted our group chat and called everybody each two times and nobody has answered. I haven’t seen any of the monsters chasing us. I do get freaked out everytime i see an over- grown trick-or-treater dressed like a clown though. I wandered into the corn fields a couple blocks behind my house which I’m now really starting to regret because now i’ve gone in too deep and don’t know how to get out. I see a red balloon go into the air and about crap myself. I hear hysterical laughing and can see a clown face through the corn stalks.

Tyler’s Point of View

Everyone is split up. I saw the directions they all went but i have no idea where they are now. I can’t text them because my phone is dead. That was so freaky I have no idea how they got to Dylan’s house before we did. They were so far behind us and we were running. I have no idea where I am either, I don't live in this neighborhood so I'm totally lost. I freak out everytime I hear someone behind me. But it always turns out to be a trick-or-treater. I turn down one street that has no one on it and two light posts with one that’s flickering. I walk fairly fast and look around to see if I see anyone to help. I see a man at the end of the road. His back is facing me. He’s really tall and built very muscular. “Excuse me sir” I say as I tap him on the shoulder. He doesn’t turn around. “Can you tell me where I am and how to get to Crystal Drive from here?”

Still no response. At this point I'm really sketched out. I turn around and start heading back in the direction that I came from. That’s when I feel a hand on my shoulder and freeze.

Thomas’s Point of View

Tyler and Dylan ran in opposite directions. But me and Nolan are smart and stuck together. We can’t text either of them because neither of us have internet connection so nothing is sending. “Bro. We’re so lost we have no idea where we are” Nolan says frustrated. “Dude, calm yourself. We haven't lost my house two blocks over. We’ll get there, connect to the Wifi and call Dylan and Tyler and tell them where we are. It’ll all be good” I say calmingly. When we get to my street we can see my house and start rushing towards it. When we get there we both about pass out. All four of the people who have been chasing us are sitting on the porch. Pennywise and Michael both have fairly large bags over their shoulders. “Can y’all life leave us alone. Like this is  really annoying. The prank was never funny and Halloween is pretty much over just going home!” Nolan shouts at them. They all start hysterically laughing. “Why would we leave now? The party is just starting” Chucky laughs. “Yeah. Just ask your two friends. Oh wait. I don’t think they’ll respond” Pennywise chuckles as he and Michael drop their bags.

“Hold up. So you think that four old school horror movie characters are just gonna appear out of a cloud and chase us all night?” Tyler asks. “Thomas, that’s probably one of the dumbest conspiracies you’ve ever come up with” I laugh. “You guys laugh now don’t doubt me, I know what I'm talking about” he explains. When seven o’clock rolls around we look back to see who showed up we see something at the front of the line that freaks all of us out. It’s Freddy Kruger, Pennywise, Michael Myers, and Chucky. We all look at Thomas. “I told you not to doubt me” Thomas shrugs.