The Little Yellow Package | Teen Ink

The Little Yellow Package

By elandry BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
elandry BRONZE, New Orleans, Louisiana
1 article 1 photo 0 comments

The Little Yellow Package 

I woke up early on a Monday morning, planning to have a good day. I got dressed, put on my favorite green shirt, and combed my long dark brown hair. Everyone in my family has bright blonde hair and brown eyes, but I had dark brown hair and green eyes. I walked downstairs and saw my mom sitting at our counter drinking her coffee. We got in the car and she drove me to school. When I got to school, I walked with my friends to the first-period class, Mrs. Taylor’s Algebra I class. Everyone was already in their seats ready to get their test grade back. As Mrs. Taylor walked up and down the rows passing out the test, I kept wondering if I would get a good grade, or if I did not do so well. When she handed me my test and I saw my grade I got really upset. “Ugh!” I said to myself, I thought I did way better than I actually did. We learned about something new and soon the class was over. Next, I went to my English class and my teacher told me to take out my books. I looked in my bag and realized I forgot all my books. I could not decide if I should just tell my teacher or just see if she would not notice. I thought over this dilemma for a minute and decided to tell her. My teacher took points off and I sat through the rest of the class. “Could this day get any worse?” I said to my friend Hailey while we walked to science class. I got to the class and sat down. During class my teacher gave a long and mediocre lecture about matter and atoms and rambled on and on, it felt like an eternity. I was starting to get really bored so I decided to talk to my friend, Daniel. He was 6 feet tall, with blonde hair and dark brown eyes, almost black. The teacher admonished me that if we kept talking there would be a consequence. We decided to stop talking because she was starting to become irate. The bell rang and the school day was finally over. I walked over to my car and drove home. As I walked up to the door I saw a package without a label. The package was wrapped in light yellow wrapping paper and had a little gold bow. I walked inside and opened the box and to my surprise, I saw all of my favorite things. The box had a cake batter scented candle, a vanilla bean chapstick, my favorite snacks, and many other random things. I thought to myself and wondered who had given me this package, especially on a day when I really needed it. “I am going to figure out who gave me this wonderful gift, so that I can thank them tomorrow,” I said to my mom. The next day when I got to school and went to my locker, there was another package with the same yellow wrapping paper and gold bow. But this time there was something different, it was smaller, and there was a piece of blue folded paper. On the piece of paper, there was a long letter, at the bottom of the letter, I read and saw something that shocked me, “From: Secret Admirer.”