The Unidentified Body? | Teen Ink

The Unidentified Body?

By mg0313436 BRONZE, Houston, Texas
mg0313436 BRONZE, Houston, Texas

After a school evening a group of teens in their last year of high school wanted to do something fun and saw that there was woods by their town and decided to sneak out. Since they were trying to be rebellious. “Hey why don't we do something fun, everyday seems to be going by so fast.” said James. “Yeah it really does, doesn't it.” While thinking of something Aidan came up with an idea. “What about exploring the woods near the town? It's supposed to be creepy, apparently people say they hear stuff.” “Ooh yeah that sounds fun.” said Lyra, then it’s settled.

Lyra seemed to notice Alice wasn’t saying anything. “What about you Alice, you down? Alice snapped into reality “Yeah sure I’m down.”. Aidan wondered why Alice was acting weird ever since they brought up the whole idea of going to the woods but just dismissed it. Right as the bell rang for dismissal the group met up outside the school by the entrance to plan things out. “Since our parents would be suspicious of us not coming home early, why don’t we sneak out? Said James.

“I mean yeah sure but it’s going to be really dark'' said a concerned Lyra. “yeah why don’t we go to an arcade or something.” Alice said. “But that would defeat the purpose of exciting and scary.” said James with a funny tone.”Ok then fine.” said Lyra defeated. Aidan laughed while watching the two bicker, but soon wondered why Alice was so against it but paid no attention.

It is now ten o’clock at night and the group is getting ready. They had all met up by the school since it was a real small town and the houses were close by. Aidan was already there since it was quite easy for him to sneak out because his parents were heavy sleepers and worked late. While waiting Aidan hears crunching sounds as if someone was walking by but he wondered who would also be around the woods at this time of night. He turned around and found nobody but while still looking James sneaks up and scares him. “BOO!” “Jesus Chirst! Don’t scare me like that.” James and Lyra laugh. “Where's Alice? “I don’t kn-”, “right here” said Alice. “Oh okay shall we get going? I brought flashlights.” “I need one” said James as well as the rest of the group. While walking, Aidan questioned how he didn’t see Alice walking in the same direction as James and Lyra since they were all coming from the same way as he did. But he just let it go since he thought she might have gotten lost. While walking for what felt like hours, one of the friends discovered something. “Hey! I found something” Lyra yelled out. While walking the same way in Lyras direction they notice an abandoned, run down cabin up ahead. “Guys I wouldn’t go in there, it looks scary” said Alice in a frightened voice. “It should be fine since no one comes through here.” stated Lyra. While they ignore Alice they walk in and see clutter. “ Doesn't seem like there is anything but dust” ‘boring-’ James loudly added. “Yeah so we should just go.” Alice said. While Aidan was about to agree he noticed a door. He walked to it and was about to open it when Alice disrupted him. “Aidan ! Let’s go.” “You found a door, open it!.” James bellowed. “Okay.” Since they turned their attention toward Aidan and the door no one saw Alice looking nervous and biting her nails. When Aidan opened it, instantly he was hit by a stench. “Ugh it smells so bad.” “Let me see,” James and Lyra said. They smelt it too and pulled back disgusted, “eww it’s like a dead body was in here.” said Lyra. “Let's go.” Alice said “There's nothing interesting”, “Okay”. Aidan wanted to stay a little longer and see where that smell was coming from so he stayed behind and checked to see where he could follow the stench and he did. He stepped on a cracked open wood and felt as if this one was more open than the rest. He pulled the wood back and saw what seemed like a body wrapped in blankets, although he didn't want to believe it he felt right and went to open it until. “ What are you doing? '' said Alice. Aidan jumped back and covered the spot with his body. “Oh nothing, just checking the room out.” aidan said while laughing hesitantly. “Okay well the rest are waiting, you coming? “Yeah just give me a sec.” Alice nodded and left. Aidan gave out a big breath. He doesn't understand why he was getting nervous around Alice but something didn’t feel right. He put back the wood and left. As they were walking back home from being tired and not finding anything Aidan wondered if he should mention the body to the group, except for Alice since he just felt it was right not to. He soon told only James and Lyra, and also how Alice was being weird. They told him it was probably just him being paranoid and that if it really was a body and he thinks Alice has something to do with it he should find more evidence. And so Aidan did, as he went back he saw that Alice was there but with a trash bag he waited till she left to go in there and open the wood floor. He didn’t expect to find a bloody ax by what was supposedly a body he ran to his house told his parents and although they didn’t believe what was to be expected of him he took them to the cabin and they saw it for themselves. They called the police and while they investigated they took the ax to find fingerprints matching that of Alice but why would she do it? As they took her in for questioning she confessed saying it was in fact her and that she did it because no one could love Aidan as much as she did, and she wanted to cause defamation to her since she was pretty. They soon came back with results and said it was a girl named Cameron from their school. Cameron was a girl Aidan was talking to and once he found out he was shocked as well as his friends. Alice was arrested and taken to jail for 1st degree murder.

I am a teenager doing this for an assignment.