Homesick Chapter Two : Nobody Has to Know | Teen Ink

Homesick Chapter Two : Nobody Has to Know

He drove into his garage and closed the door. Wishing it wasn't so loud. He got the stuff out of the trunk and let Sunspots out of the car. 

After he set the stuff on the counters and began to take it out of the bags. Sunspots starting mewing. 

"I know buddy, you'll get food." Aiden reassured the cat. He went to open the bag of dried cat food, but something caught his eye. He thought he saw a monster, so he looked back to see it clearly. Nothing.

mew.

"Right, right, sorry..." he went back to opening the bag. He grabbed a bowl and pored some kibble in the bowl. 

"Here you go buddy." he said as he sat the bowl down of the floor.

He was thankful for his cat since they was never any survivors to talk to or have fun with. Or any family members that was alive. Sunspots was given to him by his father when he was really sick. Before he attacked everyone. He was infected. Sunspots had chosen to stay beside Aiden. Since he was the only one in his family of six to not have been infected. 

Infected means a monster or called a murk is inside a human. The human will start experiencing symptoms such as, really pale skin and oddly black finger nails.

Before the human gets infected. The human gets really really sick. Of hunger. Then they'll lash out and eat any humans they smell. Developing into a murk.

The special infected. Is being chosen by the murk specifically. You wont experience pale skin or black nails. The murk will feel the hunger. Not the human.

His sister was infected first.

Flashback . . .

"Brother am I gonna be okay?" She asked. Aiden nodded while tears fell down his cheek. He wanted her to be okay, but at this rate. She wasn't getting any better. 

"I make sure your gonna be okay." Aiden said reassuring her. She smiled weakly and held his hand. 

"I hope so. I really do. But brother, if I die. Move on." She said. avoiding his stare of shock. 

"How can I move on!?" Aiden raised his voice. She winced and he looked away. "Fine. Only for you. Maybe I don't have to move on since I'll make sure you get better." he added smiling still looking away from her. 

"Brother. You know very well it's just going to get worse. Stop trying to make me hope." She said sternly.

Aiden kept looking away and started crying more. His father walked in coughing. 

"Kids. Looks like I'm getting sick too. You might have to stay away from Kristen, till she gets better." The father said. "Nobody has to know." he said in a dark voice. 

"Father?" Kristen whined. "Something's wrong! My skin. It's so pale. And I'm so hungry!" she growled. 

"Aiden. Get out!" The father fell to the ground holding his stomach in agony. 

"W-what? Father are you okay!? It's okay Kristen." he was panicking now. Why did his father speak like that? Why was he hurting? Why was Kristen's skin so pale? Why are her nails so oddly black. I don't remember her painting them or getting out of bed. So many questions flooded Aiden's mind, so he closed his eyes. When he opened them back up.

. . . .

Kristen was eating her father.

. . . .

Aiden almost puked in disgust. 

"WHAT THE- STOP KRISTEN! STOP!!!" Aiden pushed her off. 

"Hungry. Food." She rasped. "Go. Out." she pushed clutching her stomach like she was being possessed and tried to stop it.

Aiden ran out of the house and his siblings were dead on the ground. What was happening.

End of flashback. 

Everyone but him was alive. He survived. He was still confused on how his siblings died. But he didn't want to think of it. 

growl

"And I'm hungry." Aiden said patting his stomach. He went to his cupboards and opened them. Cereal? I guess. 

As he was eating his cereal he turned on the news to watch repeated cartoons and the news was still flashing OFFLINE.

"I should probably try and do something outside. Being inside is boring. What do you think Sunspots?" He asked his cat raising a eyebrow and patted his cats head. 

prrrr

"Alright. Lets go." Aiden said smiling and finished eating his cereal. 

He didn't take the jeep since he didn't want to cause sound. But he did take his back bag and some weaponry.

"Let's go hunt some Murks." He grinned.

Little while later at a gas station.

He stalked behind a gas station watching a Murk eating. Just a little bit more to the left. 

Press.

A huge bomb went off and Aiden had to stop himself from laughing. His cat had to keep himself from laughing too.

"lets go Sunspots" he grinned.

He bumped into something. No. Someone.

"Woah there guy" He said while catching Aiden from falling. "Almost fell there." 

"I-I don't n-need your help Creep." Aiden said brushing himself off from all the dust and dirt from the explosion.

"Did you do that to the murk? Did you just blow it up?" The stranger asked ignoring what Aiden said.

"Yeah I did. It was eating." Aiden replied. The stranger smiled

"Name's Crown." The stranger now known as "Crown" said.

"Oh. Nice name." Aiden replied to the introduction.

"Would you like to meet the rest?" Crown grinned.

Nothing about me.