Am i human | Teen Ink

Am i human

By ashleyt PLATINUM, Midland, Texas
ashleyt PLATINUM, Midland, Texas

The hair on my neck stood tall as i fell a sleep. Visions of everything i could imagine have gone through my head but none like the one that awaits this dark rainy night. I tossed and turned until i found a perfect position, On my side with the blanket up to my shoulders, and my pillow folded in two.

I turned off my small tv and layed the remote on the amall stool next to the bed. I cleared my throat then closed my eyes. I took a deep breath then fell into a light sleep then to a heavy full sleep.

In my dreams i felt a rush of happiness then a crazy rush of romances then comedies then to sad stories. Lastly i fely a rush of the same dream i seem to have each night, I'm walking in my back yard then i simply jump into my bed then i usually awake to morning.

This time i did awake but not to this world. I awoke to a darkness so unusual. The darkness was cold yet warm and i felt wet. I heard what sounded like children whispering and laughing in a distance. It felt as if my neck hair stood three feet tall instead of my usual half a centimeter. I walked without moving and i cried without making my eyes wet and making my nose drip.

I swallowed deeply then attempted to scream but failed to do so. I heard foot steps that sounded so close i felt as i they were mine. I reached out into the harsh weather and felt a hand it grabbed mine and that's when I awoke. When i looked down my hand was still being held but it wasn't human......

I hope it didn't really scare anybody if you have any questions just comment me.

LaylaViolet said...
Are these dreams based on real ones you've had? It's totally creepy, yet totally awesomely amazaing. ;)

doglover said...
i have a question did it really feel real? and i need some advice if say i was in a play about these scary stories and i dont really know how to act what would i do?