The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (8) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison (8)

September 30, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


The next day I sat in the gigantic living room, watching TV. on the enormous flat screen television hanging on the wall. It was eight o'clock in the morning and I had just woken up. Alexander, Gabriella, and my mom were out hunting. They were "vegetarians", except for Alexander. In vampire terms that meant they only sucked animal's blood and not human's.
I was now officially a vampire and I decided that I would be a vegetarian too. I couldn't even imagine sucking an animal's blood, but a human's would be even worse. Although, since I was now a vampire, I was getting thirsty.
"We're home." Alexander greeted me as they all walked in the front door.
"Hi. I think I'm getting thirsty." I told them.
"Well I'll take you hunting for the very first time." Alexander offered.
"Can't my mom take me?" I asked. There was no way I was going to go hunting for the very first time with him.
"Why don't we both go with you?" he suggested.
"Fine." I muttered.
"Have fun." Gabriella told us. Then she walked off down the hallway leaving us alone.
"Let's go." Alexander said. Then we all walked outside. "Just follow us."
"Wait, are we running?" I asked.
"Well we aren't walking." he replied. Then he took off.
"Come on honey." My mom ran after him and I followed. It felt so weird to be running at such an amazing speed. When we finally stopped in the middle of the forest that was right outside my new house, Alexander explained what to do for me.
"You just go right up to an animal, grab them, bite them, and suck out the blood. It's very simple. I'll even get you the animal." He sprinted off into the forest and came back holding a deer by the neck. "Go for it."
I looked at him like he was crazy, which he actually kind of was, and took a step back. "No way. I can't do this. I thought I could, but I can't." I quickly backed down from this horrible task.
"Well then I guess you're just going to be thirsty for the rest of your life. Whatever. It's your loss." He shrugged and let the deer go. It scurried off into the forest, it's eyes wide with fear.
I sighed and bit my lip. "How did you get yourself to do it for the first time?" I asked my mom.
"I just didn't think about what I was doing. I just did it." she tried to explain.
"Well, I can't just do it. I'm sorry, but I can't." I told them.
"Well then let's just go back home. Maybe you'll change your mind tomorrow." my mom said.
"Maybe." I replied, but I wasn't convinced.
When we got home, Gabriella was on the phone in the kitchen.
"I'm just gonna watch TV." I lied to my mom and Alexander.
"Ok." my mom replied. Alexander nodded and they both walked off down the hall. I turned on the TV and pressed mute. Then I listened closely to Gabriella's conversation.
"Ha! Oh my gosh, Daniel. ..... Ok. See you tonight. Bye!" she set the phone down and walked up the stairs. Was it just a coincidence that she was talking to someone named Daniel on the phone and officer Deblin's son's name was Daniel.
I turned the volume back to it's normal level on the tv and tried not to think of the possibilities of Gabriella's phone call.
Later that night, as I lie awake in my bed, I saw Gabriella run swiftly and quietly down the hall. I peeked my head out of my doorway to find her opening the front door.
"Hey." someone whispered to her.
"Hi, Daniel." When she walked out behind him, I caught a glimpse of his face. It was Daniel Deblin. Then Gabriella shut the door before I could see anything else. So she was talking to Daniel Deblin on the phone earlier. I was right. Why hadn't Daniel told me that he knew Gabriella before?
I sighed and climbed back in bed. Then I closed my eyes and tried to fall asleep, but my new discovery kept me up all night.
Then next morning, the sound of Gabriella's footsteps woke me up. I looked at the clock hanging on my wall; it was five o'clock in the morning. She had been out all night with Daniel.
I decided that I needed to know what was going on. So I got out of bed and worked up enough nerve to walk over to Gabriella's room. I knocked on her door and she opened it.
"Why are you up so early?" she asked.
"I saw you sneak out with Daniel Deblin yesterday night." I told her. "He's one of my friends you know."
"I don't know what you're talking about." She raised her eyebrows and crossed her arms.
"Don't lie to me. I saw you walk out of the house!" Now I was just getting annoyed.
"Listen, just stop snooping around and stay out of my business. Got it?" she demanded.
"Why can't you just tell me what you two were doing?"
"Because it's none of your business."
"Fine." I walked back to my room in frustration. What was she keeping from me? I decided I would tell my mom that I saw her sneak out.
So I walked over to her door and knocked on it.
"What's up?" she asked with a yawn.
"Can we talk?" I asked.
"Sure. Come on in." She shut the door behind me and sat down on her bed. I did the same. "So what's up?"
"Well, yesterday I saw Gabriella sneak out of the house. With officer Deblin's son, Daniel!" I informed her.
"Are you sure it was his son and not somebody else?"
"Positive."
"Well did you ask her about it?"
"Yeah and she got mad at me and told me to stay out of her business." I told my mom of my earlier encounter with her.
"Well maybe you should. I mean, it is her business."
I sighed, "I guess you're right." But I wasn't going to give up. I was going to find out what those two were up to.
Later that day I was sitting on the couch, bored out of my mind. There was nothing to do in this house. So I walked over to Alexander's room and knocked on his door.
"What?" he asked me.
"Can I please go back to my old house and get some of my stuff? I am seriously bored!" I complained.
"Fine. But make it quick." He slammed the door in my face and I walked back into the living room.
Then I walked out of the house and sprinted through the forest. For a moment I thought about running off and escaping from Alexander, but I couldn't leave my mom there. Once I reached my old house I walked inside. The front door was unlocked so it wasn't very challenging to get in. Everything looked the same from the time I last saw it.
I walked up to my room and grabbed my backpack. Then I began stuffing it with clothes. Once that was full I grabbed my iPod and put it in the smaller front pocket of my backpack.
Then I found my one and only suitcase, stuffed in the back of my closet and opened it up. I filled it with a couple of books, some DVDs, and lastly my laptop. Everything fit perfectly. I made sure to grab my cell phone and put it in my pocket and I also made sure I had my laptop and phone charger. Then I walked back downstairs.
I walked outside and slung my backpack around my shoulders. I got a good grip on my suitcase and then I was off. When I reached my new house I walked in through the front door and headed straight for my room. Then I began to unpack.
I folded all of my clothes into neat piles and filled my dresser with them. Then I set my laptop on my desk along with my freshly stacked books. I put my iPod inside the small drawer of my bedside table. I then put my DVDs in the one empty drawers of my dresser. Once I was done I looked around the room. It still seemed empty. I decided to make another quick stop back at my old house. I would just grab some more clothes, some posters, and a couple of pictures. So I grabbed my backpack and suitcase and headed back out through the front door.
When I arrived at my old house once again, I walked back in and headed up to my room. I took down all of the posters I had hanging on my wall and put all of the tacks I used into a zip-lock baggie. Then I stored them into my suitcase. Next I grabbed the pictures I had lined up on my shelf above my bed and laid them on top of my posters. Then I grabbed some more of my clothes and stuffed them into my backpack. I also grabbed my shampoo, conditioner, and body wash from my bathroom. Then I grabbed my make-up bag off of my bathroom counter. I put all of these items in my suitcase.
After fitting whatever extra clothes I could into my suitcase, I headed back to my new house. When I got there, I went up to my room and unpacked the rest of my clothes. I just set my shampoo, conditioner, and body wash on top of my dresser. I would just take them with me when I took a shower.
Then I began hanging up my posters. I had four David Archuleta posters, two Taylor Swift, two Lady GaGa, one Tokyo Hotel, and one Twilight movie poster. Next I started to place my pictures around my room. I put the picture of me and Natalie at one of her cheerleading competitions on my bedside table. I put the picture of me and my mom at her 30th birthday party on my dresser. And I put the picture of me and my dad when I was three next to it.
Once I was finished I looked around my room. I felt more at home already.

The author's comments:
Thanks so much for reading, please comment and rate! :-)