The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison(9) | Teen Ink

The Vampire Chronicles: Part 1-Allison(9)

September 30, 2009
By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
183 articles 7 photos 484 comments

Favorite Quote:
He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.


The next day my mom informed me that I wouldn't be attending school again. So when Gabriella left the house without telling anyone where she was going and Alexander and my mom went to a bridal store because my mom wanted to look at wedding dresses, I decided to do some snooping.
I walked into Gabriella's room and looked around. It was twice the size of my room and was also a lot nicer. Her walls were painted a light violet and she had shiny wooden floors. She had a huge white vanity along with a matching white dresser, bedside table, and another small dresser. She also had a king size bed with a floral, white and violet comforter and matching pillows. Hanging above her bed was an elegant crystal chandelier. She had pictures hanging up of herself, Alexander, herself with Alexander, and someone I didn't recognize.
He had jet black hair that covered most of his eyes and pale white skin. From what I could see of his eyes, it looked as if they were gold. And he had a small resemblance to Alexander. I could tell he was a vampire.
I decided that I'd better get to work. So I began digging through the drawers of her larger dresser. All I found were tons of beautiful, designer clothes. In her smaller dresser there were just more clothes. So I walked over to her bedside table and opened the drawer. There were a couple of random items inside. Lip gloss, a digital camera, a cell phone charger, and a pack of Orbit gum. Then I saw the corner of an envelope sticking out from underneath all of these things. I pulled it out and opened it.
Inside were five pictures. One was of her and Daniel with Daniel's arm slung around her shoulder. Another was of Daniel leaning against a tree in a forest that looked a lot like the one just outside our house. The third was of her and Daniel standing next to each other, laughing. The next one was of her and Daniel sitting next to each other smiling and Gabriella's head was rested on his shoulder. And the last picture was of Daniel kissing her on the cheek.
After looking through all of the pictures I realized that her and Daniel were most likely boyfriend and girlfriend. But why would they try to keep that from me? I decided to look through the things on her desk and then leave her room before she came back. So I put the pictures and envelope back and walked over to her vanity.
There were tons of different kinds of make-up and perfume on top of the vanity. So I opened one of the three drawers and looked inside. The first one contained a couple of magazines. The second one had some more make-up inside. And the third one had a small book. I took the book out and opened it up. It was Gabriella's diary.
I skimmed through the first couple of pages. It was just a bunch of stuff describing how she became a vampire. And when I got towards the middle of the book, I stopped and read through the whole page. It was from yesterday.


December 9, 2008

Dear diary,
Today I just found out that Daniel is not what I thought he was. It turns out, he's not just a normal human. He's a werewolf! I was so shocked when he told me this. I am a vampire so I'm not sure how this is going to work. Vampires and werewolves are supposed to be enemies. But I'll make sure everything turns out ok. I wouldn't want to break up with him over something he can't even help. I'm sure if he got to choose, he wouldn't choose to be a werewolf. I hope. I just don't know how I'm going to tell my brother, Leslie, and Allison.

After reading that entry my heart stopped. I could not believe that Daniel was a werewolf! He didn't seem like one the last time I saw him. Oh my gosh, I was friends with a werewolf and didn't even know it up until now. The thought was crazy! But it was even crazier that Gabriella, a vampire, was dating him!

That's probably why she didn't want anyone to find out about him. I heard the front door slam and quickly put the diary back and raced out of her room. I peeked over the banister to find my mom and Alexander walking over to sit down on the couch.
"Hey guys!" I greeted them, as I walked into the living room. "So mom, did you find the perfect dress?"
"Yep! It is absolutely beautiful! It's strapless and has one of those big, poofy bottoms. I love it!" she squealed.
"Great. So did you buy it yet?" I asked.
"Yeah, it's still in the car. Do you want to come and see it?"
"Sure." I agreed. She whisked me away into the garage and opened up the trunk. Then she pulled out a beautiful wedding dress. "Wow mom. It's amazing!"
"Thanks!" I could tell she was getting excited about the wedding.
"When is the wedding going to be anyways?" I asked.
"In one month and eight days. I'm counting down the days!" She clapped her hands together and smiled. She was definitely excited.
"Wow. That's pretty soon."
"Yeah, I know! I can't wait!" After our wedding conversation, we both walked back inside to find Gabriella just walking in the door.
"Everyone, I have a surprise for you all. I know that you will all be very shocked about this, but I decided that I should tell you anyways. I have a boyfriend. He's standing outside the door right now. He wants to meet you guys."
"Well bring him in." Alexander spoke up for the first time since he got back from the bridal store.
"Come on in Daniel." she called towards the door. And then Daniel Deblin walked in. Even though I already knew it would be him, it was still shocking to actually see him standing there.



"Everyone, this is Daniel Deblin!"
"You're Mike's son, aren't you?" Alexander asked, standing up to shake his hand.
"Yep. And you're his old high school friend. Alexander DeVincie, right?" he asked. Oh my gosh, he knew the whole time that officer Deblin was friends with Alexander. I couldn't believe it. I thought he was my friend.

"Correct. Well, it's nice to formally meet you." Alexander replied.
"You too." They shook hands and Gabriella smiled at how well they were getting along. "So you're Gabriella's brother?"
"Yes I am."
"That's what I thought." Daniel looked over at me and bit his lip. "Hi, Allison, I’m really sorry about this. I know you must be really surprised.” He looked hopeful, as if I would actually forgive him. “Oh yeah, I meant to give this to you before, but I never got the chance. So, uh, here you go.” He gave me a handwritten note, and I read it.

Dear Allison,

I know this might be a little bit hard for you to understand, but I need to let you know the truth. I’m a werewolf. And I’m going out with a vampire, Gabriella DeVincie. She’s actually Alexander’s sister. I’m really, really sorry that I didn’t tell you this before, but I just didn’t know how to say it. Although, I promise that I wasn’t in on my dad’s plan to capture you, so please don’t blame me for that. I just thought that you should know the truth about me. And if you don’t want to be friends with me because of that, I guess I understand. I just really think you should give me at least one more chance because I really am a good person. I never meant to lie to you either. So please think this over and let me know whether or not you forgive me.


Sincerely,



Daniel Deblin

The author's comments:
Thank you to everyone who's reading this! It means so much to me! Please continue to rate and comment! Thank you! :)