Psycotic Blood | Teen Ink

Psycotic Blood

By Kylie Fife BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
Kylie Fife BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio

Sitting alone, in this small padded cell. Nothing to comfort me but the tight, hugging feeling of the straight jacket restraining me. The people here that claim they are trying to “help” me, keep my little sanctuary well lit. For they have determined that this “monster” inside me seems to like to come to the surface of my skin when the lighting is dim. The beast that I truly am is the reason for my confinement.

These, men in white coats, also claim me to be insane. But am I really? If you think about it, is there really any “sane” person of this world? In my spare time I always ask myself this. Maybe that is the true reason they locked me up is because of my thoughts.

Maybe I should explain my life before I came here. Then maybe you can see for your self that I’m not as crazy as I seem. I just have a different way of thinking.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It all began when I was driving down a freeway. Streetlights overhead racing passed. The roads were mostly empty except the occasional road kill on the side. As I was about to turn onto my exit a shadow appeared out of the trees lining the street. I swerved out of the way and in a glimpse of light saw that it was a deer.

I hadn’t noticed the car coming up behind me until I had crashed into it. Among our crushed vehicles, I seemed to be the only one to have survived. As the deer ran away, I looked at the dead family in front of me. It seemed a mom and a boy, not even out of elementary school, laid deceased in there seats.

In my shock at the time I didn’t notice that I hadn’t a single scratch on me. Instead I scrambled through my glove box for my cell phone. I immediately called 911.

When the ambulances arrived, they carted away the two bodies on gurneys, being sure to cover them in white sheets. I was told to get in an ambulance as well. I, of course, did so. It was a long trip to the nearest hospital if we had been going the speed limit. But with sirens wailing we arrived a lot sooner then I would have expected.

When waiting for the results of my x-rays, an officer had me explain the incident. The doctor came in and told me I was ok to go home. But with my car totaled, I’d have to take a taxi.

While taking the taxi back to apartment. That’s when the gears in my head started to turn. Why had I been ok? Why must a loving family die in my place? Where had the deer or the car come from all of a sudden? My head began to hurt, so I pushed those matters aside and decided I should be more than happy for my condition.

I paid the driver an walked up to my door, taking the keys from my pocket and unlocked the door. Good think I had remembered in my shock to grab them from the car’s ignition.

As soon as I could, I made my way to the bedroom and fell onto the bed. I quickly passed out from the night’s events.

Late in the night, I awoke to a very bizarre noise. When my eyes focused in the dark of the night, I could make out a wolf-like creature lurking in the corner.

“What are you doing here? How did you get into my room? Did you get lost little pup? “ I questioned the weird guest.

I heard a grunt from the beast, then suddenly my head started to hurt. I clamped my hands around my head trying to endure the pain. When I looked up the creature had disappeared.

“Pitiful human.” A ghastly voice boomed. The voice seemed to be in my head, but yet still all around me.

“Who are you? Where are you? What do you want?” I yelled back.

A menacing laugh replied, “ Why, I’m you conscious, your little Jiminy Cricket if you’d like to call it. I’m merely here to help you through your questions. Which it seems just within the span of time I’ve been in your head, you have a lot.”

“In my head? What do you mean? What are you?”

“Hmm, I believe mentioning the accident can answer a bit of your confusion. That’s when I started to be unleashed from the inner chambers of your mind. And soon, I will boil to the top of your flesh, until I’m fully unchained and can have complete control of your body. Don’t worry, I’m your true soul. I will help create your body into the real immortal appearance it should be.”

“You’re a demon! Stay away from me!”

Then there was silence. Complete silence.

The next morning, I went down to the diner to order the breakfast special before I went to work at the office. I won’t get into much detail because you probably don’t care and if you do then this story isn’t for you. I’m here to past time in my little comfy cell and tell you how I was diagnosed criminally insane. Oh? Did I forget to mention the criminal part earlier? Yeah, it’s that bad.

Anyway, all day I was thinking of the “demon”. Was it truly part of me? Or even worse, was it me? No matter how hard I wanted to I couldn’t shake the thoughts from my head. Question after question surfaced in my head. The little hamster on a wheel in there working overtime.

And then it happened again. While filing the paperwork for my boss, He came back. The damned thing that put me in this asylum. The thing that made me kill.

“Hey there. That boss of yours never lets up does he?”

“No.” I muttered quietly. Making no one heard.

“I hear that’s the father of that poor little boy you killed. He must be-”

“I didn’t kill anyone!”

Everyone looked at me in shock. I had to think quick so they wouldn’t think I had committed a crime.

“I’m sorry everyone. I’m still kind of still in shock from the accident I was In yesterday.”

They all seemed to understand and went back to there business.

“See? You nothing but a problem. Leave me alone!” I was back to mumbling.

“You know who really is a problem? Your boss. Because you killed his family, not only will he be grieving, he will take it out on you. You should get rid of him before that happens.”

“I will do know such thing!”

“Oh yes you will!” he laughed.

Suddenly I was surrounded by ghostly black wolves. All of them snarling. The pain returned to my head, sharper than ever. Then the pain spread all over my body. First feeling like needles pricking me, until it began to feel like knives stabbing me.

“Ok. I’ll do it.”

I had given in.

After that first time, I felt such joy from causing them pain. Seeing such blood. The demon became my friend. I’d kill them all as painfully gory as possible. Oh it was such fun! I enjoyed it so much, I became the demon. And now I’m here. Like I said, I wasn’t going to be detailed about it. It’s not like I’m going to spill all my guts to some stranger. Well, I call this the end. I’m about to make my escape. It’s going to be bloody!

This short story I wrote seems to kind of describe me a bit. I was inspired to do it about my self. I hope that maybe people would understand a bit more about being "crazy". That its not really all the person's fault.

kristina-marie SILVER, Olla, Louisiana

"Fool, said my muse to me, look in thy heart and write." (Loving in Truth) written by: Sir Phillip Stanley 1554-1586

wow. this is completly insane but i loves it. its so violent

October_Moon GOLD, Maywood, California

Today I will be happier than a bird with a french frie.

As insane as this is, I liked it