Midnight Wolf | Teen Ink

Midnight Wolf

By vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire
vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire

When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.

Chapter 1
Howls in the Night

I’m running, running so fast. I’m running faster than my poor legs can manage. The scream their protest and I ignore them. There are crunching of sticks and small trees are falling down as they chase me. I’m in a clearing. There is silence behind me. I stop to catch my breath. I sit, they must have given up. I get up and try to recognize something, anything. No luck. I choose a direction and get ready to run.
SNAP!
There was the sound that was surely to lead to my death.
SNAP!
Closer this time. To close. Right behind me.
SNAP! SNAP! SNAP!
All around me now. They surrounded me. I couldn't escape, but I tried anyway. That's when one of them stepped forward.
The wolf was bigger than me standing up. The eyes were a piercing yellow compared to my blue ones. The fur was chocolate brown and the teeth were a defining color red. It shook and started to shrink. It grew hands and the tail and nose shank and the fur fell off and became human skin. I stared at him as I recognized who he was.

"Jack?" I yelped, my voice shaking so much it was barely a whisper. He grinned nastily and changed back into a wolf. He howled and the other wolves stepped forward. I tried to run, but one of the wolves grabbed my arm and yanked me to the ground. I cried out in pain as blood pumped out of the wound. My vision was blurring and I knew I was going to die. The wolves closed in even more. My breathing started to turn into quick gasps. The biggest wolf, Jack, turned his head up to the full moon and howled. The midnight wolves had caught their pray. I felt a sharp pain in every cell in my body at the same time and I couldn't feel anything. I could just watch as they killed me, slowly and painfully. Soon I say nothing. I died.

I had this as a dream. It's how all of my stories start. I hope you like!:)

writer101 BRONZE, Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

Slowly but shurly.

I like it it was good keep writing

I hope anyone who reads this liked it. PLEASE COMMENT!!!!