Stay With Me | Teen Ink

Stay With Me

October 25, 2010
By BabyJ SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
BabyJ SILVER, Herndon, Virginia
5 articles 0 photos 2 comments

He carried me into the bedroom, while I was thrashing and fighting to get away from his grip. Gently, he laid me down on a bed and stared at me. I was scared that he might try something, but he just stood… and stared. His muscles tensed and untensed as he watched me climb under the covers. I didn’t even hear him walk toward the door as he left. Just the sound of the door slamming so hard it made my ears ring.

I stayed under those covers and cried. What was he going to do to me? I thought painfully. I started thinking of reasons why he would even need me. My family wasn’t all that rich. My mother’s job was profitable, but there was no way she could pay a ransom. So obviously he would use me for other purposes. I shuddered violently at the thought.

At that moment I heard the most ear-piercing cries I haven’t heard since my baby sister was born. Then even more sounds; sounds of whimpering for mercy and blood angry shouts coming from all different directions. I covered my ears and closed my eyes as hard as I could, in hope that this was all just a terrible, terrible nightmare.

Then, all of a sudden, as quickly as the noise came it came to an abrupt halt. Like time had come and put the world on pause for a small second. I thanked God for that small second. In that small second I found a small amount of serenity and curled under covers and drifted to sleep.


Someone was shaking me; probably mom wanting me to get ready for school. I opened my eyes to see a familiar face that I regret seeing. I felt like hiding under the covers and waiting for him to leave again, but even I knew that that routine wouldn’t last that long.

Gathering all my courage I looked straight into my jailers eyes. I gasped when I saw that they looked… gentle. The wave of anxiety that I felt started to wash away. Only then I remembered something.

“W-where is my family” I whispered.

He looked into my eyes and gave me a small sad smile and looked down guiltily.

“Your family will be fine Anastasia, but I need you to understand something.” His voice was rigid, like he’d been crying, “You’re going to stay with me Anastasia. I’m sorry.”

With those final words, he walked out of my room and left me. I sat there stunned. As if I’m really going to be here that long my subconscious said to me, you’ll be somewhere in the Pacific Ocean by week’s end.

I cried myself to sleep that night, and while I slept, I had nightmare of things that I feared would never come to reality. It felt like I was stuck inside of one of those Saw movies, but instead of not knowing anything I got a warning before the games began.




I don’t know how much time I spent in this dreaded room. The windows were blocked, the door was always locked, and there was no clock. It really did feel like I was waiting for the pain to happen, but it just seemed that they were taking their time- whoever they were.



Days started to blend together and I was turning depressed. Every time I awoke there would be a tray of delicious foods that looked exotic and wonderful. I barely had a couple of bites and then crawled back into the bed. There was a small room that had I assumed was the bathroom. To my surprise it actually looked clean. I only used it for one purpose though and it was a rare occasion to use it. It seemed that the bed seemed to be my base. I rarely left it. I just stayed there all day and, other than the required necessities, I never left it.
I just slept most of the time. Not wanting to move or even breathe. I’ve never felt so tired of loving in my life feeling as if maybe my family would never deprive me of this terrible angst.


Finally, on another uneventful day, someone came bursting through my door. It was the same man who told me I would be staying here. My entire body cringed as he stalked toward me. He plopped himself directly on my bed and looked directly into my eyes. His eyes told me not to be afraid, but I was beside myself.

“I didn’t bring you here to just watch you slowly kill your body.” He said lowly. His voice almost sounded like he was in pain to say the last three words.

He got up from the bed and grabbed the tray that had been sitting on the edge of the bed. Gently placing the tray in front of me, careful not to look in my eyes, he started to set everything as if I was going to eat it. I reached out and stopped his hands. I heard a gasp and looked up to see his eyes wide with astonishment. The question was bubbling inside me and if I didn’t say it now I would probably never find the courage again.

“Why did you bring me here, then?” I couldn’t even recognize my voice when I spoke.

I don’t think that it made a difference because he slowly started to lean toward me. I didn’t realize how close he was until he was close enough to brush his lips against mine. He did the same transaction once, twice, three times. Until me were kissing each other as if there were no one else on the planet to kiss. He groaned as I wrapped my arms around his neck and nearly choked him. He slid his arms around my waist and to pull me closer.

I held onto him for dear life and felt like I never ever wanted to let go. All too quickly, his hands started to drift away from my body. His lips slowed and he broke our somehow already fractured kiss. We were both staring at each other, breathing hard and raggedly.

“The only reason that you are away from your family Anastasia is because you are supposed to be assassinated- by me. I did research on you and did something that I never thought possible-I fell in love with you Anastasia. I love you.” With those last three words I fainted.