The Real Story | Teen Ink

The Real Story

By Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California
Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California

Whats The Point?

It was a dark stormy night as Haley watched the rain fall. Just as she had started wondering when her parents and fourteen-year-old brother would be home when all of a sudden, there was a crash as the door fell in. And there, in the doorway, stood a large dark figure. He was wearing black jacket, a ski mask, and long black boots. Haley tried to scream but couldn't. The second the figure stepped through the doorway, the power went out. Haley screamed as the dark figure pulled a gun from his jacket, and shot her. Haley was dead.

About twenty minutes later, her family pulled in the driveway Haleys mother was the first to notice the door had been crashed in. As soon as she seen the door, she fainted. Haleys father told her brother, Zack, to stay in the car while he went inside. Luckily her dad had an emergency flashlight in the car. As soon as he got to the doorway, he saw his twelve-year-old daughter dead leaning on the living room wall, with blood all around her. When he saw this, instantly reached for his cell phone, and called the police.

When the cops got there, they investigated the whole house. Since nothing was missing, they figured that the villain just wanted to kill Haley.

When the cops went to ask the neighbors if they had seen anything, they just said they had seen a dark man like figure walk to Haley Purples house. When the closest neighbors the Firrs were interrogated , Mrs. Firr said "all I saw or heard was a dark man like figure walk towards the Purples house, when there was a loud crash like a door falling in, then a gunshot". And that was what everyone in the area of Redding, California said.

When Zack found out that the police didn't find anything he decided he would try to find out who killed his sister.

The next day when Zack went to school, he noticed that Kody was not there.

Kody was one of Haley's best friends when they were littler. When they were in fourth grade Haley had a new best friend, Bell. Once Haley and Bell were best friends, Kody was left to get his own friends. Kody did not like this and convinced his parents to move away from Haley, but when Haley's family moved to Redding five years later, Kody wanted to move again. When Kody's parents said they were absolutely not moving, Kody got mad. He got even more mad when Haley did not recognize him.

Zack also noticed that Jack was not at school either. Jack was another one of Haley's friends after Kody moved away. Jack moved to Redding about two years after He and Haley were friends. Jack's family moved away when Haley switched schools.

Zack decided that the next day he would go to Kody's house and question Kody. The next day Zack headed to Kody's house after school, when he got there, Kody was in his room drawing.

"What are you drawing?" Asked Zack.

"Nothing" answered Kody.

"Where were you? You weren't at school today or yesterday."

"Well yesterday, IO had a dentist appointment and today I was helping Dad around the house." Kody said nervously.

"Did you hear about Haley?"

"No I didn't, what happened?" asked Kody trying to sound surprised.

"Someone came in Monday night and killed her".

"Oh really."

"Yep".

"Wow, I'm sorry dude, that must be tough".

"Yeah". Just then, he noticed a gun sticking out from underneath Kody's bed. "Where did you get that gun?" asked Zack.

"Oh, it's not mine, it's Dad's, he let me borrow it for Monday night".

"What did you need a gun on Friday night for?" asked Zack.

"I had to shoot the... raccoon that was in the yard".

"Oh, did you kill it?"

"Yeah it only took one shot" said Kody with a smile.

"What did you do with the body?"

"Dad took it somewhere".

Just then, Zack's cell phone rang, when he picked it up, it was his mom telling him to come back to the hotel they were staying at while their house was being cleaned.

"Hey, that was mom, I've got to go" said Zack.

"Okay, see you later".

When Zack got to the hotel room, his parents told him that the police thought Haley had killed herself.

After Zack had the whole story, it was five o'clock, by the time he got to Jack's it was five thirty and he had to be back to the hotel room by seven o' clock.

As Zack walked by Jack's garage, he saw a black bloody jacket in the garbage can. In the back yard, Jack was practicing basketball.

"Hey" said Jack

"Where were you Monday and today?"

"I was sick and had things to do".

"What kind of things?"

"Well I had to help Kody with some things Monday, and needed to buy some new clothes".

"Yeah, what did Kody need help with?" asked Zack

" Kill-err, homework" he said nervously

"But I was just at Kody's house and he said, he was just helping his dad around the house."

"Well after he finished helping his dad, we did homework".

"What did you need clothes for?" asked Zack

"Kody needed them when he told me what he was going to do".

"What was he going to do?"

"He was going to see Ha-" he said.

"See what?"

"Nothing", he said quickly.

"Can I use your bathroom?" asked Zack

"Sure, you know where it is".

When Zack went inside instead of going to the bathroom, he went to Jack's room. In Jack's bedroom, there was a diagram of what he and Kody was going to do, Zack folded the paper and put it in his pocket.

When he went back outside, he told Jack he had to go and left. As he was passing the garbage can, he took a picture with his camera phone of the bloody jacket.

On his way back home, he stopped by Kody's house again. When he got there, it was six-thirty, this time Kody was in the living room. After Kody and Zack talked for a few minutes, Zack asked if he could use the bathroom again. Zack went to Kody's bedroom instead of the bathroom and took a picture of the gun, and went back to the living room. Zack told Kody, he had to leave and left.

The next day, Zack skipped school and went to the police station. When Zack told the police what he had figured out, the police didn't belive him, but when he showed the pictures and diagram, they believed him and went and arrested Kody and Jack.

i wrote this back in like 2007 for class and totally forgot about it! this is like, one of the forst storys i wrote, and i just found it again and wanted to share it with you guys...

Mortie PLATINUM, Oak Run, California

Whats The Point?

Thank you :)

vampiresrock GOLD, Cornish, New Hampshire

When life gives you oranges, make grape juice and sit back and let the world wounder how the hell you just did that.

it was pretty good...kudos