The Beginning | Teen Ink

The Beginning

Tomorrow night is the night of our Halloween party, and I’m so excited! My boyfriend and I are throwing it at his house since his parents are out of town for the weekend. We told everyone that it was going to be a costume party and that if they wanted to drink they needed to bring their own stuff. I’m going to be a “sexy referee” for the night and my boyfriend is going to be the football player. I thought it would be cute and he just agreed.

Today, Jake and I are going to start decorating for the party tomorrow. We went out to Target and bought some things like fake pumpkins, stuff to hang up, things to put on the walls and some police tape. I loved the police tape idea the most because I thought it would be the scariest decoration possible, like there was a murder scene inside or something. Anyway, after we got done getting everything ready it was already almost 9:00, so we went inside and made some grilled cheese and ramen noodles. We sat there and talked about how fun it was going to be and how we thought the decorations looked so good. After we ate, we went upstairs to get some rest for the big party tomorrow night.
The Party

Jake and I woke up this morning, went downstairs, made some breakfast, and then watched some TV. We slept in until noon, which was surprising to me because I usually wake up at around nine.

“Madison!” Jake shouted. “Come in here, come quick.”
I ran out of the kitchen and into the living just to find out that he wanted to hide behind the couch just to pop out and scare me! I wasn’t mad; after I jumped and screamed I laughed and hit him jokingly in the arm.

“You a**hole, ha-ha. I had a feeling you were going to do something like that.”

“Well its Halloween, sweetie. I just had to get into the spirit.”

Come 10:00 p.m., people started to arrive at the party. There was a Freddy and Jason costume that Mark and Patrick were wearing. Martin was dressed as a basketball played and Peyton was dressed as his cheerleader. Ashley and Jolie had on costumes like mine (most of the girls did). By 11:00 p.m., there were probably forty people here and about ten people had on the same costume.

“Hey Mark! Nice costume, I love the Freddy vs. Jason movies. I don’t really think they’re that scary though, but you made it look super scary.” Mark didn’t say anything; he just stood there and didn’t move.

“Mark? Are you okay, what’s wrong? You seem really different.” Still, he said nothing.
I went over to talk to Jake about how Mark was acting but I couldn’t find him anywhere. I asked Jolie if she had seen him, but she said she hadn’t. I started to get worried and went outside to see if I could find him. Maybe he just needed some air since it was kind of hot inside.

“JAKE! JAKE, ARE YOU OUT HERE?” I yelled and yelled, but I didn’t get anything back. I was really starting to get worried that something had happened to him so I went back inside and tried calling his cell phone. No answer. I looked all around the house and when I finally went up stairs and there he was. He was sitting in the chair up in his room, alone.

“Oh phew Jake, there you are. I was starting to get worried that something happened to you. I’m really glad I found you. I was looking everywhere for you, I even looked outside to see if you were out there.” He didn’t say anything back to me, so I went over to get a closer look at him.

“OH MY GOD HELP, SOMEONE HELP ME! PLEASE. Mark! Where are you? Someone needs to call 911.” No one else was in the house anymore. It was just me, Jake and shattered glass from a broken mirror. I went to call 911, but the phone line was cut, I was screwed. I rushed downstairs as fast as I could and the only one standing there was Mark.

“Mark, is that you? I thought everyone left? You need to help me, please; something is wrong with Jake. He’s bleeding and he isn’t breathing. Please, just come up stairs with me and see.” He didn’t follow me. All he did was stand there and watch me panic. Then, I thought to myself “what if that’s not Mark? There were about six other people tonight wearing that same costume. What if that’s some kind of crazy killer!?” Next thing I knew, this person was running after me. He chased me all the way up the stairs to the room where Jake was sitting. I got there first so I quickly felt his pulse, he was dead.

“Get away from me! Please, don’t hurt me, get away.” He wasn’t listening, he didn’t want to get away, and he wanted to kill me just like he killed Jake. He just kept on hitting me and trying to grab me. Finally, I looked around to find a piece of the glass that was broken all over the floor, picked it up, and swung. I hit him with it twice and then he dropped. I wanted to make sure he was dead, so I stabbed him once more in the neck. Blood went everywhere; all over the floor, my shirt, and Jake. After all this was over, I ran over to the neighbors crying hysterically, hyperventilating and pounded on their door.

“Sweetie, what’s wrong!?”

“I need to use your phone, now! It’s an emergency!”

“Okay, okay. Come in, honey.”

I went in, called 911, and then it was over. The “Halloween Party of the Century” was officially over.

I wrote this completely out of random