The Darkness | Teen Ink

The Darkness

By BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York
BrianDunlop PLATINUM, Valley Stream, New York

Ironically, dreams are what drives our reality." - myself

I awoke swiftly in the dark. My face and palms were drenched in sweat. A cold sweat if there ever was one. I turn and search desperately in the darkness. The sweat was growing more and more persistant every second. I can not see anything. I can just feel my existence, I feel the darkness on my body. I can not sleep. Am I bound to a world of dreams or a reality of sins? Deep sins. Wretched sins. What's that? I hear a quiet moan from the corner of my room. Soft, yet tortured. Who halth brought this moan among my quarters? My bedroom. It's where I sleep. It's where I dream. It's where I kill. Perhaps, it was I who brought this man to my quarters. I mean, I can not remember last night, it was all darkness like what surrounds me, this instance. Darkness so deep, the good in me, the God in me, doesn't want me to remember it. I lay awake at night thinking of the deeds that I have done, but I don't know or remember any of them. It's like a curse embedded in my mind, soul and body. This darkness; my curse rules me. It is me, and I am it. I don't fight it. I accept it and in time, I grew to love it. I bet if I turn on the lights and slit the man's throat in the corner, the darkness won't block that from my memory. It's not cruel enough to block out and I will have this memory, forever. Quite a memory it will be. I will cherish this memory for a long time to come, and the darkness will see to it that I remember this deed and if I am one with the darkness than the darkness will cherish it, too. Okay, time to get up off this filthy cot I call a bed and turn on that lightswitch from across the room. I then stood up out of bed, paused briefly then walked onward through my room into the darkness. As I walked across the room, I halted as my foot went toe first into the body sprawled across my hardwood floor. Now, I could not see the body, but I knew what I had kicked. A loud moan pierced the air as the body felt the effects of my ten inch foot and the long, jagged one and a half inch toe nails, which sank swiftly into his flesh. The body continued to make weird, pain ridden noises. "Shut up!", I said. "You'll wake the neighbors. Can you hear them?" There was no response. "What? Did I gag you or something?", I said, curiously. Still there was no coherent response, besides the low muffled moan, now coming from the body in the darkness. "Well, I've got some good news", said I onto my little friend, lying on the floor. "I'm gonna kill ya. Oww... Well, I guess that might be good news for me, but not so much for you. You see, I'm going to enjoy every single second of me slitting your throat and watching you gasp for your last few breats as you bleed like a stufted pig. Now, doesn't that sound like fun, now, doesn't it? Hmmmm? Doesn't it?!" There was still no response. "Well, okay then, don't respond to me. That only means that I will take extra precautions to make sure that you are alive as long as humanly possible as your blood flows through my hardfloor like The Nile in Egypt." Enough of this insolence, what am I doing fraternizing with this swine? Why would I even consider conversing with such a pitful speciman as he? When I slice his throat open then and only then will he have a proper excuse not to respond to me. I then drew my attention away from the body on the floor and began walking, again; continuing my path across the room, eneveloped in deep darkness, comparable to that of the heart of Lucifer, himself, to whom I hold in great regard. I walked onward, until I reached a flat surface, erecting from the floor. Okay, I've reached the wall at the end of my bedroom, now it's time to feel around for the lightswitch. I searched the flat, smooth, cold surface of the wall with my right hand, hoping to find the lightswitch. Then a moderate moan disrupted the eery quietness of the room. "Shut up! Your time will come, soon enough. When I find that lightswitch, I will redefine pain for you, free of charge. Believe me, if what I will be doing to you was worth money then it would be worth every penny. Every single copper coin", said I as I licked my lips, still feeling for the lightswitch on the wall, until suddenly, I felt the lightswitch. "Okay boy. I'm going to introduce you to a whole lot of hurt. Now, remember my face because when you get to Heaven's Gates tell Saint Peter that he's next then tell God that I will do everything in my power to make sure every single creature that he makes to suffer and then ultimately die, after just getting a preview of Hell, right before they enter Heaven, Limbo or Hell and that all depends on how they lived their lives before I have torn them from the Earth. Okay, now, here it goes." I then flicked on the lightswitch and the darkness dissipated and therefore, I died.

Darkness, Satan, Evil