Broken | Teen Ink

Broken

By Lopez1516 SILVER, Little River, South Carolina
Lopez1516 SILVER, Little River, South Carolina

"When you live forever what do you live for"?

Today I ran away, quietly I slipped out of the window. My house stays quiet, as I make my way for the gate. One long look reminded me the pain I’m running from will always be inside me………………………………………………………

My eyes burned from the tears that swallowed me each night. My throat felt dry from the screams that escaped me and from un-answered pleas. My lips throbbed with pain from the many times I dug my teeth into them to hold myself together. My arms ached from the times I punctured them with my nails when I felt I was breaking apart…………………………………………………………

One, two, three. The steps to the gate seemed to pound on the ground. My heart wanted so bad to jump out of my chest and run away, yet my brain could only think of what a disappointment I was being. I had to run because I could feel it coming out of me again…………………………………………………………

My head shot back as I felt my muscles start to rearrange. My nails dug into my skin as I doubled to the ground, too agonized to scream. I whimpered as I felt my self burning, I tried to crawl to the gate. Another pain striked, one that created burning tears and caused me to have to put my face in the dirt to cover up the screams…………………………………

I woke up in my bed covered in dirt. I knew my family had not found me, yet here I was. Another day, another tried escape failed. All because I never made my mind fast enough. I closed my eyes and like every night I cried, screamed, bit, scratched, burned and died a little bit more inside…………………………………………………………….

I didn't really run away

summery:Though pain is unbearable and sometimes she just wants to leave her problems she never leaves. When she's angry she becomes this monster and is scared of what she might do.