My Disquiet | Teen Ink

My Disquiet

By PaRaNoRmAl627 GOLD, Mountainside, New Jersey
PaRaNoRmAl627 GOLD, Mountainside, New Jersey

"Do what you want. If it's something you'll regret in the morning, sleep late."

I felt like I was gasping for air, like I’d been underwater too long. I even felt the dampness all over my body. Something was bothering me, I heard screaming.

It was me.

I opened my eyes.

I found myself in the school hallway, lying on the floor. Nothing seemed out of place at first. The teacher sat in her chair, monitoring the halls. There was cheerful banter that sounded far off. It must have been lunchtime. The most prominent sound though, was the screaming. My screaming. But I was numb.

Numb.

Hovering over me was a hazy view of a familiar face: wavy brown hair, two different colored eyes. I made an effort to smile back at her, but a sharp, sudden pain surged through my entire being, down to my very core, most intense in my heart. The pain, the screaming, the tears, and my own blood that she watched me choke on, all flooded into my brain. Now, her smile disgusted me. Suddenly, two small figures floated up to her, and sat on her shoulders.

Fairies?

Of course not.

They whispered in her ears. They created a humming noise that made my head spin. I think they laughed. They laughed with my friend. Her smile grew to reach both ears, and she began to morph into an ugly, devilish creature that I didn’t dare try to recognize. I lay petrified in a puddle of blood, as they watched me for entertainment.

I looked directly overhead. I saw another familiar face; one that I knew would never abandon me, or leave me to die. He looked down at me lovingly, and I was at peace. Pictures ran through my head of me giving up my body to someone who would always keep me safe; always keep me a part of himself. I smiled back at him, and all the pain, the anarchy, and the screaming,

It all stopped.

Suddenly, he locked eyes with the devil creature. She giggled. Her voice was beautifully horrifying. She floated away with the fairies, taking my peace with them.

“Death is easy. Come to me,” a voice crooned. I felt the warmth of the speaker’s breath as they whispered to me. The voice was soft, smooth and inviting. I wanted it. Why did it stop? A shiver rolled down my spine as the truth of the words sunk in. I felt the truth, and succumbed to the darkness.

My angel faded.

I was alone.

This is actually based on a dream I had. Loosely based, admittedly, but still. :)

there's no more to this one that I came up withh...it'd be really cool if you continued it though! I'd love to see where it goes. juust credit me if you do it :)

Alia_Tan GOLD said...
Alia_Tan GOLD, Elk Grove, California

"I gotta right to sing the blues/
gotta right to moan and sigh/
I gotta right to sit and cry" From "I gotta right to sing the blues" By Louis Armstrong

Oooo :) I love the way your descriptions sent chills down my spine :) great job! Is there more to the story? I think this is one plot that can be stretched out a little more! Great job can't wait to here more ! :D :D :D

thankyouthankyouthankyouu<33

charmiypiggy said...
charmiypiggy, Melbourne, Other

You eat food for the enjoyment of it; the fact that it helps you stay alive is just a bonus.

Great descriptions! The flow was smooth, and the piece had an overall rather eerie feeling. Your writing style was intriguing, and the short sentences, instead of making it seem choppy, simply increases the feeling of vagueness. This is good, because in that state, your character would not be thinking all too clearly. The 'voice' in the piece sounded a little... hard? As in, not a lot of emotion, which makes it more interesting. Great job!