April Showers Bring Death Flowers | Teen Ink

April Showers Bring Death Flowers

April 21, 2011
By freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey
freeday15 GOLD, Paramus, New Jersey
18 articles 0 photos 62 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Love is Blind" i truly believe in this it is in all of my pieces, and if u read between the lines then u will find it there...


It was an unusually cold April, with all the rain her allergies had been acting up on her. A...a...a choo!! "Well there goes the last tissue" she said, as she got up from her comfortable spot on the sofa. She schlepped to the bathroom to retrieve the puffs soft tissues. Ever since she was a kid her mother would buy them for her when she had a cold. Her mother had died four months ago to this date, and using these tissues made her feel somewhat closer to her, she knew it was silly, but, it was true.
She went back into the living room to catch the news report for the evening, “Heavy thunder and lightening storms tonight, so be sure to take out your flashlights” the anchorman from channel 12 said happily. She could never stand those people. 10:00 P.M. and 6:00 A.M. they would be happy, it made her nauseous. But, the guy was always right, so, like he said she leaned over to the tiny table with one drawer and pulled out a flashlight. As sudden as she had got it, the lights went out.

She never minded the dark, but tonight there was sort of an eerie feeling in the place. She hated this, so, she got up once more to use the bathroom. She thought she saw a thin dark figure run across the hall. That was absurd though, her mind was just playing tricks on her.

Five minutes later, she was in her room looking for the afghan her father bought her for her birthday two years ago. There was a slight draft, and looking at the window she could tell that it was open. I know I closed that, I haven’t been in here all day she thought. Just then a chilling sense washed over her, she was not alone, she turned around to see the face of her burglar. “Sorry about this” a husky voice said. A flash of something metal registered in her mind, and then she felt a searing pain go through her head multiple times. It took ten times to the head until the murderer was satisfied. Realizing what the murderer had just done, the person bent down to the blood covered face. Her golden hair had now red highlights. The murderer touched its lips to hers, knowing that she would never take another breath from them again.

The author's comments:
i dont really know what inspired me to write this piece,but i hope everyone likes it!!=)