Zombie: Part One | Teen Ink

Zombie: Part One

June 7, 2011
By SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
SabreEleven DIAMOND, Madeira, Ohio
51 articles 0 photos 132 comments

Favorite Quote:
"Backpack, gimme another beer!" --Nate Bell


“Will you avenge me, Jett?” was the note I found from my girlfriend a week ago. In this zombie filled world, I just, I don’t know what to do anymore. I mean, I want to avenge my girlfriend’s death, but I don’t want to die. I sighed and picked up my shotgun. It was time to kill some freaking zombies. And they are not the slow kind either.
I got into my green Spyder Ferrari and sped down the empty, forgotten streets. My family is all dead. They were killed when the infection started spreading. I was at my grandparents’ house at the time.
I strained to see a zombie stumbling around about fifty feet ahead of me. I slowed to a stop and got out with my shotgun. The zombie quickly turned its head, only to be greeted by a shot to the face. His headless body fell, and blood pooled around its stump for a neck.
My life had gotten quite boring after my girlfriend died. No one was around to comfort me. No one else was even around for that matter. I was the last man on earth. I kept trudging along. Up ahead, I saw a body that had been torn in half. I puked as I walked up to it. Its intestines were the only thing holding it together. Little strands of decaying matter. The head of the body was a deep purple color. It was probably a week old. Maggots had begun feeding on the eyes and innards. Its hair was matted with blood.
I kept moving. I had to get to somewhere safe. In the distance, I saw a flashing light. It was a house. Maybe a survivor! I jumped with joy and began making my way toward the house. When I did make it to the house, no one was inside but some stray zombies. The owners of the house had been picked clean. I scavenged the building for anything useful. I found a flashlight and a crowbar. I decided it might be in my best interest to spend the night at this house. I would need to be rested for the days to come.
To be continued…