EC+MM=Obsession (2) | Teen Ink

EC+MM=Obsession (2)

By TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois
TeamJacobArchuleta ELITE, Chicago, Illinois

He's the one I call in the middle of the night. He's the one who makes everything alright. He loves me with no regret...I just haven't found him yet.

4:00 a.m.
Rush Copley Hospital

“Thanks so much for your time,” she told me once she’d finished interviewing me.
“No problem,” I replied. It had actually been kind of great to be able to just sit down and talk about things with someone. And Liz was a really great listener too. She didn’t judge me or tell me that I’d been wrong in the decisions I’d made. She just listened and asked questions. I guess that was what all reporters were supposed to do, but it was still nice.
“I’m really sorry about all that’s happened to you too. It must have been awful having to go through all of that,” she told me, clearly sympathetic.
“Yeah, it wasn’t the greatest experience,” I remarked with a weak smile.
“Evalynne!” I was surprised to hear Cole’s voice, but when I turned around, he was there. He came rushing up to me and wrapped he up in his arms, soothingly running his hand through my hair as he held me. “Are you ok?” he demanded.
I pulled away from him, watching as Shaun and Addison walked in too. “Yeah, I’m fine. How’d you even know to come here?” I asked him.
“Addison told me what happened. Shaun and I got over here as soon as we could. I can’t believe Michael got away again! I swear to God, if I ever find him…” he trailed off at the end, clenching his teeth and shaking his head in rage.
“Cole, calm down,” I told him, holding his hands in mine. “People are staring,” I glanced around the waiting room, taking in all the wandering eyes that had found their way over to us.
“Sorry, he just gets me so mad,” he uttered. I could see the fury in his normally soft brown eyes.
“Me too!” Shaun exclaimed. “It especially makes me mad that he always ends up getting away. That guy’s like a freakin’ ninja! Except ninjas don’t wear sweater vests,”
Shaun always managed to make me smile, even in the darkest moments. He was like a full grown 5-year-old. But he had sort of became like a brother to me, so I couldn’t help but love him…and all his randomness.
“Can we not switch the topic to ninjas, Shaun?” Cole remarked. He was obviously too angry for Shaun’s comments.
“Sorry,” Shaun murmured back, like a turtle crawling back into it’s shell.
“Don’t get mad at Shaun. He was just trying to lighten the mood,” I pointed out. “I know that Michael gets your temper going, but just try to calm down a little bit, ok?”
“Fine,” he replied, taking in a deep breath. “Um, who’s this?” he asked, noticing Liz standing behind me.
“Hi, I’m Elizabeth, but you can call me Liz. I’m a reporter for the New York Times,” she introduced herself, flashing a wide, perfect smile.
“Nice to meet you, Liz,” Shaun said, grinning back at her. “I’m Shaun,” he said, holding out his hand for her to shake. It was pretty obvious by the way he was acting that he was into her. She was really beautiful though.
“Hi, Shaun,” she replied, looking kind of amused by the crush he had on her.
“Not to be rude, but why are you here exactly?” Cole asked her.
“Don’t question it, just enjoy it,” Shaun told him.
Liz smiled back at him and then turned to Cole. “I actually came her because I wanted to interview Evalynne. We wanted to do a report on the Michael McKnight story, so I volunteered to cover it. It’s really interesting to me how someone as smart as him can do such crazy things. Because it’s pretty obvious from what Evalynne told me that he’s a smart guy. But what would make a guy so smart want to go around killing people? It just doesn’t make sense to me.”
“Yeah, none of the things Michael do make sense to me,” I told her. “He might be smart, but he’s also psychotic.”
“Yeah, he definitely is,” she agreed. “I’d love to meet him. Just to see what he’s like in person. That would be so awesome,”
All four of us looked at her as if she was the psychotic one. “Trust me, you definitely don’t,” I replied.
“Yeah, that guy is seriously out of his mind,” Addison added. Cole nodded in agreement, beginning to grow all mad once again.
“He really is!” Shaun cried. “And he’s freakishly preppy too. He wears sweater vests and like, pressed khakis. It’s freakin’ creepy!”
“Well from what Evalynne told me, he thinks pretty highly of himself.” Liz said. “He probably dresses like that because he thinks he’s some amazingly intelligent person, so he feels like he should present himself that way.”
Wow, this girl was smart. She was even able to start to figure out Michael. I couldn’t say I wasn’t just a little jealous. I could tell that she was your typical gorgeous, brilliant, popular girl. The one all the guys wished they could date and all the girls wished they could be. Part of me didn’t like her for that reason, but it was kind of hard to not like her since she was so nice.
“Whoa, you’re like as smart as a Jedi!” Shaun exclaimed.
She smiled, although she looked kind of puzzled by how strange Shaun’s comments always were. “Um, thanks,” she replied, laughing.
“No problem,” he said. He didn’t take his eyes off her though.
“Shaun, did you forget about Megan?” Cole piped up. “You know, your girlfriend,”
Shaun pressed his lips together in irritation and turned his head to look at Cole. “What are you trying to say?” he asked him, crossing his muscular arms over his chest.
“That you’re flirting with another girl even though you have a girlfriend.” Cole remarked smugly. Liz looked beyond awkward now. She bit down on her lower lip, obviously uncomfortable with the situation she had just been put in.
Shaun gasped, as if he couldn’t believe what Cole was accusing him of. “I am not flirting!” he cried.
“Oh, so you’re not into Liz then?” Cole asked, smirking at him.
“No!” Shaun shouted back. “I mean, she’s a very attractive woman and all. But I’m with Megan!” Liz smiled nervously, still feeling awkward.
“Yeah, whatever,” Cole uttered back. “Fidelity is such a freakin’ lost cause. Why can’t a guy and a girl just have a relationship without any lying or cheating? Why does there always have to be another person in the picture ruining things? I mean, you try your hardest and you be the best boyfriend you can possibly be, but it’s never good enough. There’s still someone who’s better.”
I swallowed hard, knowing exactly what he was talking about. He was hinting at the situation with him and Ash. He was obviously still upset about it. I felt awful, but I couldn’t help it that I was in love with Ash. I just wished that Cole could accept that. I wished he could understand that I wasn’t trying to hurt him.
“Cole, can you not do this right now please?” I asked him. I was already going through a lot. I really couldn’t take anymore guilt at the moment.
“Yeah, sorry,” he muttered. He still looked kind of angry about it though.
“Um, I’m starting to feel a little awkward being here,” Liz said after an awkward moment of silence. “I think it’s about time for me to go,”
“You don’t have to leave yet,” Shaun said immediately. Yeah, he was definitely into her. He could deny it all he wanted it, but we could all see that he liked her.
“Yeah,” Cole added, sounding kind of unsure. “Don’t leave yet,” I glanced over at him, kind of surprised by what I saw. He was looking up at Liz with those beautiful brown eyes of his. Looking at her the same way he used to look at me when he first started liking me. She definitely noticed too, because when he looked at her, she blushed and looked back up at him through her long lashes.
“Well I guess I could stay just a little longer,” she caved, smiling flirtatiously at Cole. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw Shaun’s jaw drop. He looked pissed. He had a right to though. He’d made it clear that he liked Liz and then Cole went and flirted with her. What the hell was that all about?
Why was Cole looking at Liz like that? He was supposed to like me, not her! Who did she think she was anyways? She just walked in like she owned the place with her big brown eyes and glossy lips. Then she goes and steals both Cole and Shaun. Why doesn’t the skank just go back to New York and sink her fangs into some other guys?
“Awesome,” Cole replied with a seductive grin. That was how he used to grin at me! Every time he time he tried to get me to sleep with him, he’d flash me that sexy little grin of his. Liz didn’t deserve to be grinned at like that! She wasn’t even that pretty.
“Well I don’t know about you guys, but I’m starving.” Addison stated. “Wanna go grab a bite to eat at the diner?”
“Sounds good to me,” Cole agreed. “I’ll even pay for your meal, Liz.”
“No, I will!” Shaun cried, obviously desperate to win his skank back.
“I offered first,” Cole remarked, narrowing his eyes at who was supposed to be his best friend.
“It’s true. He did offer first,” Liz pointed out, smiling at Cole.
“I’m rich!” Shaun announced. “I have a butler and everything!”
“Um, congratulations?” Liz replied. She didn’t even care that he had money. She was too busy trying to hook up with Cole. It was probably because she knew I liked him. It was obvious that she had it out for me.
“Ok, diner time,” I declared. I just wanted to get out of there. What I really wanted was to leave Liz behind, but that wasn’t going to happen. Not as long as Cole was there. She was all over him. She’d probably follow him wherever he went.
“Yeah, let’s go,” Addison said. So we turned to leave the hospital, with Liz walking awfully close to Cole. “Ooh, cute shoes, Liz,” Addison told her, looking down at her black stilettos.
“Thanks,” Liz replied with a smile. I rolled my eyes as I looked at her shoes. They were total hooker heels. Addison was probably just complimenting her because she was too nice to tell her how trashy they were.
“You’re welcome,” Addison said. She stepped up closer to Liz, asking her where she got them. As they talked about shoes, Cole walked close to Liz and Shaun walked next to Cole, keeping a close eye on him. This left me in the back. By myself while all my friends crowded around Liz.
I gritted my teeth together, deadpanning the back of Liz’s head. If looks could kill, she’d be so dead right now. Maybe it was best that she met Michael. Then he could prey on her and all of her perfection. The thought made me smile.

Author's Note: So what do you guys think of Liz so far? Do you hate her as much as Evalynne? Or do you like her?

So what do you guys think of Liz so far? Just wondering haha enjoy(:

musicluvr3 GOLD, San Diego, California

"Cry. It shows you care."

Im kind of glad that Liz is there just to solve the whole Cole problem, but some other bad stuff is gonna happen (you know its true) and then BLEHHHH but yeah i like her so far (: especially Shaun xD love that guy.

laurensoccer SILVER, Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
I love this story!!!!! This novel is one of the best books I have ever read ( close behind the Hunger Games)!!!!!!! PLEASE post the rest. I love this series and am so super excited to read the rest and figure out what happens!!!!!!!!!!

samwich7 said...
samwich7, No, New York

Alright here's what I think(which you don't have to listen to). Michael should get captured, go to jail, and then have a trial. But then in the middle of the trial, he pulls a gun and makes a run for it, escaping yet again with threats to kill Evalynne's family.

RedWritingHood SILVER, Crawfordville, Florida

I must be a mermaid, for I have no fear of depths but a great fear of shallow living.

Loving it! Very good! Please finish!

Blue4indigo PLATINUM, Sturbridge, Connecticut

I'd rather be sorry for something that I did than for something I didn't do.
-Red Scott

Where's the third one???

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

By the way, I've been reading the series all the way and I only have one word to describe it all. 'Awesome'

Mangojuice BRONZE, Seoul, Other

Yeah you did, you did a lot.

I don't get why Evalynne's so obsessed about Cole trying to move on. She has Ash for herself. Although she might be a little regretful because she could've gone for Cole in the first place but why jealous if she feels sorry for him? And... please don't tell me that Elizabeth is Kristy. I keep getting that feeling.

Anonymousme GOLD, San Antonio, Texas

John 3:16
For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only son so whoever believes in hill will not die but have eternal life.

Dreams are what make us who we are, a life without dreams is like a life without air.

Hey,

I've been a follower of your stories since the beginning, and I must say that over time your writing has improved dramatically and you really know how to keep a story going. This would make a great television show or play.

That being said, what I don't like is the fact that Evelyn doesn't seem to have matured since the beginning of the series. She's not a scared little kid any more. She was actually married, and is no longer living with her parents. She is an adult and should show more adult qualities.

Now, comments on the story. As far as the new girl goes, I like her a lot. I don't think Evelyn has a right to be upset when she has broken Cole's heart so many times. But with the way you write, I see more hook ups with Cole in the future. Secondly, I don't really believe that Evelyn has found her true soulmate yet, because if it was Ash, she wouldn't be interested in Cole or any other guy while he was alive! That means (new character coming!) that Evelyns soulmate is not yet introduced into the book! Just some food for thought on what I think...

ARK

cHicKEnWaNg1 SILVER, Marietta, Georgia

It aint no thang but a chicken wang

omg like wtf lol this is hella funny and idk her so i wouldnt know what to say

missy838158 SILVER, Bronx, New York

People who fly into a rage always make a bad landing.

GUYS MM IS Michael MCKNight EC+MM GET IT

missy838158 SILVER, Bronx, New York

we need more weree is numbeer 3??! and hurry lol

Fizza SILVER said...
Fizza SILVER, Raipur, Other
wow! now u posted it in thriller/mystry. i like the way u r adding a new character in every few chapters. it looks like Will & Kristy are totally disappeared from the story. but i like it very much. r u posting more? :)

skoppy355 BRONZE, Arlington Heights, Illinois

Life's like an hourglass glued to the table- from Breathe (2 am) by Anna Nalick

haha i figured and that was one of my favorite Evalynne moments!

yea i'll definitely check them out(:

thanks im so glad you like it! and haha yeaaa evalynne doesnt exactly like liz lol(:

Ok so I just read from Chapter 12 of the last book to here cuz I hadn't been able to keep reading and WOW this new book is great so far... KEEP POSTING!!! btw a) I love Shaun!!!! and b) I love how Evalynne starts off her description of Liz as "one of the most gorgeous girls I've ever seen" and then says "she's not even that pretty!"  I laughed soooo hard!!!

-Red Scott

Oh, by the way, can you please read my poems and tell me what you think? I never write poetry, and I need to know whether they are any good. ("The Violinist" and "For What Have All These People Died")

-Thanks

-Red Scott

I can't decide whether I dislike her, or still don't know. But... she could provide an alternative match for Cole, Evalynn can stay with Ash without regrets about Cole, and everybody is happy.

Including me! :)