Dear Lucy | Teen Ink

Dear Lucy

July 23, 2011
By mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
mymask DIAMOND, Dayton, Ohio
64 articles 0 photos 23 comments

Favorite Quote:
Illigitimi non carborundum!

Alea Iacta est!


Dear Lucy,

You do not know me, but I know you. You are the girl with the silk black pig tail hair and the faint smile. You have brown eyes, I’ve noticed, and you have freckles on your pale face. Yesterday, you wore a pink dress and had a blue ribbon around your waist. You were even skipping near the pond that leads to your house.
As I have stated, you do not know me but I know more about you than any other man alive. You love to skip by the pond that leads to your house and you love to hold the stray cats as they pass you by, both in the night and day. I also know that you have a pretty mother; she had the skin of a baby. Often, she peers out into the night from her window on the second floor of your house and she has never seen me, but I have seen her.
You are lonely, walking to and from school all alone and you are also a broken soul. You cry on and on about…Benny; your crush and your “dream boy”. I read that in your diary. Don’t worry, you are not alone; I am always near by.
Since I know all about you, you might want to know about me. I am the man in the shadows, the angel of the night. I have watched as you fallen asleep and have woken up, I am your lover and I love you. True, I have loved many girls before you but they were only shattered souls, and bones, of what I really wanted.
I wanted you, Lucy, I’ve always wanted you and, even though you don’t know me, I know that you and I were meant for each other. Those other girls were just the shell of what I really needed in life, you.
Now, you might be wandering about the other girls before you, don’t worry my love, they are gone. We will be together and there will not be any other girls that will take your place, for they are all gone; I made sure of that.
I know that you are a vegetarian and so, my apple orchard is a perfect place for us. I can take out some of the apple trees for a vegetable garden and I’ll even take out the old slaughterhouse, for it begins to smell and when I bring you, it will be our little paradise.
Now, Lucy, do not feel that you have to make the choice right now as you read this but please take some time to think it over; I know that your mother is probably gone off shopping or is at school or at my place but no matter, nothing will stop us.
I love you, Lucy and you know that. I feel you, Lucy, whenever I came near you or saw you and or listened to you sing in the shower. I am ready for you Lucy, I am ready for eternity with you and I am ready for you tonight.
Farwell, Lucy, my love. Farwell until we shall meet again and first at last. Farwell, Lucy, until you turn around…

Sincerely,
HIM