Murder from a Myth? | Teen Ink

Murder from a Myth?

September 14, 2011
By tanaya BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
tanaya BRONZE, Edison, New Jersey
4 articles 0 photos 21 comments

For centuries, it was believed that these fictional creatures were nothing more than a legend. But, the astounding murder that took place over the last few days, proved otherwise. Vampires. Vicious, blood-sucking creatures with an appetite for human flesh.

Last night, it was found that seventeen year old Maya Weiler was found dead in the front yard of her Malibu beach house. Her shaken parents weep uncontrollably as they shake their heads.

“I don’t know what happen! Last time I saw her, she was going outside to take her night walk. She took it every night…same time, always. I never knew that anything could hurt her.” Mrs. Weiler tearfully states.

What could hurt such an innocent young girl? Dan Weiler (Maya’s older brother) claims that Maya was a quiet girl who had everyone smiling wherever she went. “Everybody loved her. She was harmless…no one had anything against her…”

Maya had an irrepressible amount of blood loss, causing her to expire. No marks or sounds of gunshot were seen or heard. Remarkably, investigators say that no bleeding occurred during the murder. Maya’s bright yellow shirt was as clean and as crisp as it was before she left… not a single drop of blood. During the first couple of days after the massacre, it was not identified where the blood loss occurred.

As the FBI closely examines the pale victim, something shocking catches their eye. Marks of teeth dug deep into Maya’s skin. That’s right teeth, etched into the part of her body where her pulse once quickened. Immediately, the thought of an animal or human attack was dismissed. Not a trace of footprints or human DNA was found around the house.

This led the detectives to come at their last, yet astonishing option. Maya Weiler was attacked on the night of a full moon by…… a vampire.

It is advised that everyone in the state of California stays locked in the safety of their homes until this matter is solved. Caution all children to remain with a guardian at all times, especially during the evenings.

During these dreadful events we all hope that all remain protected and unharmed.

“Fiction reveals truth that reality obscures.”